cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk E-Mail Functionality

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a new guide to setting up Service Desk E-Mail functionality for SolMan 7.1?  All I see is a guide from February 2010 for SolMan 7.0  Thanks!

Regards,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Please check Service Desk Confug Guide:

Please goto:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Configuration+and+Administ

ration+of+ITSM

(all in one line)

And select Configuration Guide - Application Incident Management

Security Guide:

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000482312011E.PDF

let me explain for wich purposes we deliver e-Mail sending actions in

the standard currently:

1. actions SMIN_STD_FIND_TEAM_SEND_EMAIL,

SMIN_STD_FIND_PARTNER_FDT:

Automativally finds support team based on a rule framework (PFAC or

BRF+) and sends an e-Mail to the Support Team, if found.

2. action SMIN_STD_MAIL

Sends e-Mail to reporter of message, but this action needs to be

triggered manually.

3. action SMIN_STD_MAIL_PROCESSOR

Sends e-Mail to processor of message, but this action needs to be

triggered manually.

4. action SMIN_STD_MAIL_WATCHLIST

Automatically sends an e-Mail to the users which have the message in

their watchlist in case there is a text change in the message.

Thanks

regards

Vikram

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can disregard my last email.  I think I figured it out.

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I actually have another questions regarding this.  Does anyone know if it is possible to create a new action that sends a custom email to the Reporter once the message reaches a certain status? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible.

For example, when Processor set status "Customer Action" or "Proposed Solution" you can notify Reporter about it.

In transaction SPPFC look for action profile "SMIN_STD" and action definition "SMIN_STD_MAIL" - it is an action "E-Mail to Message Creator". It is a standart manual action. So you can copy it and customize for automatic sending e-mail notifications for Reporter (change settings, conditions and smartforms for your needs).

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Artem,

Thank you.  That is what I had assumed, but I guess my problem is that I just don't really understand the fields in the Action defintion very well.  I will have to test with it and see. 

-Jon

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information!  I saw most of that already.  I guess what I am trying to do is not a standard action in SD.  We are not going to be using Support Team determination by rules (at least at this moment, anyway).  We will be creating and assigning incidents manually for the time being and what I am trying to do is to find a way to have SD send an email to a Message Processor when a ticket is assigned to them.  For instance, say one of our HD team members creates a ticket and then either assigns it to a group for that group supervisor to dish out or to an individual member.  I need to have the system send an email to that group or individual notifying them that a ticket has been assigned to them.  Also, the same would have to apply if that processor then reassigns the ticket to another group or processor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jon Morozowski.

There is no standalone configuration guide for e-mail functionality in Solution Manager 7.1.

But you can use basic information from SolMan's 7.0 e-mail configguide for 7.1 configuration (I mean conditions definition and other) in the aggregate with Vikram's information about standart actions.

Former Member
0 Kudos