cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance (platform) to ESS: Go Live

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, starting on the new platform of SCN. Sorry if you register this discussion on a topic wrong, I'm a little lost.

Guys I'm on a client where they will go live with ESS Time Sheet for employees. This time sheet will only record the hours worked a week from approximately 500 employees.

Production Platform consists of:
Application Server: ECC 6.0 EHP4 Instance (SID: X01) + EP 7.01 SP6 (X02) - 8 GB RAM
Database server: Oracle (SID: X01) + (X02 SID) - 8 GB RAM

ECC current users: 20
Employees for ESS: 500 or less

The question that I have, as I can measure this configuration of the platform is suitable to go live for ESS?

I have a way to check whether the development of the timesheet in ESS can present problems when going live.

My concern is that most employees will record the time sheet on Friday, which could have a bottle bill, but I somehow prevent this problem, what things should I consider?

It's my first time working with portals would appreciate any tips that can help me.

Happy day to all.

Desirée

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marco_furlanetto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Desiree,

SAP provides an online tool to measure hardware requirements for Business Suite including Portal. It's called Quick Sizer and it can be found at: https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/quicksizer (Requires OSS login).

If you decide to use this tool, I believe you will probably need to fill the sections under "Portal & KMC" where you will put general Portal usage data and also under SAP ERP - Human Capital Management where you can put ESS/MSS requirements that are also impacted on the Portal analysis. Then hopefully this tool will give some hints of hardware size you require.

Good luck and reward points if useful,

Cheers,

Marco

Answers (0)