cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regeneration of a proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to modify an original SAP ABAP proxy that was generated by SAP from some SAP PI standard content.

I have changed the corresponding request message in the Service Interface object in the Enterprise Service Repository in PI and activated the changes.  Now I have logged in to SAP R/3 to regenerate the proxy via transaction SPROXY.

The problem is that R/3 doesn't seam to have detected the changes to the data structure and does not allow for proxy regeneration.   The "Regenerate" command is greyed out and I can't use it.

Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

Many thanks,

Brodo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that SPROXY displaying latest changes , i don't think so, when you execute transaction code if it open window without asking credentials then most probably it is displaying old connected,better to refresh/disconnect and lo-gin it displays latest changes.

other simple solution is create one more dummy message type and see it is displaying or not in Proxy. to check latest changes on PI side .

Best Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bsically if any changes third party system there is no reflect on sproxy.But the changes are related to ECC system structure that reflected sproxy then you should be regenerate sproxy.please check conncetion between ECC and PI,(SLDCHECK and SLDAPICUST).

Thanks & Regards,

Sridhar Nalla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems like you are not logged into dev coding client of ECC, rather logged into client of ECC where msgs are sent to/from XI system.

if you are logged into dev client of ECC, then refresh the interfaces and see if you have changed data type/msg type, then the corresponding data type/msg type is having regenerate proxy enabled or not? if yes, then regenerate the proxy for it. and also see if the service interface is having regenerate option now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if objects in PI are activated.

If still you are not able to regenerate proxy make sure your R/3 have is able to connect to ESR of PI.

It might be the case that it is displaying only the local objects.

I also encountered same problem. I added one field in Data type definition in PI and activated all the objects. Now in R/3 for this data type I am getting two options to Activate Proxy and Regenerate Proxy.

My doubt is after activating or regenerating does my implementation of proxy (ABAP logic) will remain intact or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Check if  Message Type is activate also check the service interface.

Also check cache status overview on IB if you see any issue.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brodo

Is the change activated in PI?

Also have you logged on to the development client of SAP?

Also if you have made changes in message type, go to the service interface and pull the message type again, this would cause the SI to become inactive. Activate this again.

Now go to sproxy.

Regards

Monika