Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process evaluating technical response in 2 envelope biddings

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are in SRM 7 EHP 1 with backend ECC 6 EHP 5. We are planning to use two envelope biddings (without PPS as per SRM 7 EHP 1, PPS is no longer pre-requisite for this). We're particularly interested in the process of evaluating technical rsponse. From what we see in the library:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/EN/a7/ea98848f574388ab21778ddb306c4b/frameset.htm

The process is as follow:

1.   The purchaser initiates technical RFx response opening.
  2.   The technical evaluation panel evaluates the technical RFx responses.
  3.   The purchaser navigates to the technical RFx response overview and accepts or rejects each technical RFx response according to the decision of the evaluation panel.   Depending on the settings made in Customizing, an e-mail notification is sent to all RFx respondents notifying them of the decision of the evaluation panel. And, if configured, the price RFx responses of respondents whose technical RFx responses were rejected by the evaluation panel are automatically rejected.
  4.   The purchaser initiates price RFx response opening.
  5.   The price evaluation panel evaluates the price RFx responses of the RFx respondents who were shortlisted by the technical evaluation panel.
  6.   An award is made.

One thing that I want to confirm, what is the process of how the technical evaluator can evaluate the technical RFx response. Whether:

a. The purchaser download the documents to his/her local desktop, then send email with attachment to the technical evaluator OR

b. There is a workflow notification which will notify the technical evaluator. Then the technical evaluator can go into SRM, open the cFolder containing the technical response OR

c. The purchaser need to notify the technical evaluator manually (either using phone or email) then the technical evaluator can go into SRM, open the cFolder containing the technical response

And I assume it will still the purchaser that can award the winner for technical response (is this true? Or the technical evaluator also able to click on the award technical response)

Can someone enlight me on this issue?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Error in Two envelope bidding when purchaser try to "open the tech rfx response".

Bidder has submitted the response and purchaser can act as tech evaluator or he can add a tech evaluator by giving the permissions , when purchaser initiates the "Inititate Technical Rfx response opening" it is giving some time stamp which we can extend to complete, then when tech evaluator login and completes the evaluation in Cfolder , next when purchaser opens the " Open Technical Rfx response" it is givign the error as "System error" can you please guide me how to correct the error.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Please check the Authorization for the Approver and Initiater( in backend i.e.EBP ) before starting the opening process

and test with the fresh test case.

If still problem is there the please check the  Oss note. 1557505. ( It should solve ur problem )

Regards

NIITIN

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply, I have cleared that error  really i dont know how it went ...now when i try to complete the end to end cycle...Iam unable to proceed after the bid is submitted from bidder ..

Can you please tell me the step by step process once the bid is submiited by the bidder to purchaser...

Appreciate your intrest and patience on this,.

Regards

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Is it like when technical evaluator uploads some file in CFloder then it is completed the technical envelope...? how exactly technical evaluation can be done in the screen..there are lots of confusing buttons...really confusing in understanding the functionality

0 Kudos

My perception as below  : (once the bid is submitted by bidder)

Assumed purchaser  (say A) add the user B for "Technical opener" and "Technical Evaluator" and the Bid Floor Admin radio button marked for Purchaser (A user).

1)  purchaser inititate the "Initiate technical Rfx respone opening"

2) tech evaluator  (user B) or price opener login and open the  Rfx and then button  "Open Technical response"

3) user B login to Cfolder and upload the document under EVALUATION ( I am thinking if we upload the doc under EVALUATION it is completing the technical section)

4) when Purchaser ( user A) open the Rfx and click on "Tech Rfx responses and awards" still the accept button is freezed.

I am struck like this..pls help me out.

3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Sorry for delay in response,

As you have stated User A has added User B for "Technical opener" and "Technical Evaluator", Purchaser  is not having the authority to open the technical bid.( as per the permission you have assigned in " permission" tab)

Once the Technical Bid opener has open the technical bid and evaluated the technical response, he can upload the documents under Evaluation (comments) for the Vendor.

Then He  has to accept the Technical bid for the respective Vendor under " Technical Rfx responses and awards"

I ll suggest you to check the authorization(permission)  given in the permission tab for the users first, to go ahead with step by step process.

( in your case user A may not have the authorization for Evaluation and openging the Technical bid)

Kind Regards

NITIN

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Error in Two envelope bidding when purchaser try to "open the tech rfx response".

Bidder has submitted the response and purchaser can act as tech evaluator or he can add a tech evaluator by giving the permissions , when purchaser initiates the "Inititate Technical Rfx response opening" it is giving some time stamp which we can extend to complete, then when tech evaluator login and completes the evaluation in Cfolder , next when purchaser opens the " Open Technical Rfx response" it is givign the error as "System error" can you please guide me how to correct the error.

Regards

Srinivas

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

c. The purchaser need to notify the technical evaluator manually (either using phone or email) then the technical evaluator can go into SRM, open the cFolder containing the technical response.

-> Generally email has to be sent to Technical Evaluator. Then Technical Evaluator checks contents in CFolders & weights it accordingly.

(Alert notification workflow can be designed for this purpose; We use emails instead)

And I assume it will still the purchaser that can award the winner for technical response (is this true? Or the technical evaluator also able to click on the award technical response)

-> Yes Purchaser(Buyer) award the bid. Now generally award has been decided by weights. One can set technical/positional parameters & weight those accordingly. Finally who(supplier) scores the most grabs the award.

Regards,

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the reply. I want to confirm something again with you. So after we call the technical evaluator manually, in order for them to evaluate the technical response is to go to cFolder. Is the only way to reach the cFolder is to logon to SRM, open the RFx resppnse and go to cFolder? Can the cFolder be accessed from the PC (something like shared folder)?

Best regards,

John

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have defined CFolders as a different client. Now if Technical Evaluator wants to check Bid response he has to log in to the system.

In a way it provides security. If one keeps CFolders' documents in a shared/personal space it will violate security.

So for security reasons; it's recommended to log in to system & then check bid response accordingly.

in order for them to evaluate the technical response is to go to cFolder. Is the only way to reach the cFolder is to logon to SRM, open the RFx response and go to cFolder?

-> It's not that hard process. Technical Evaluator has a log on space; where one can log in & check response for bids. & that even from any place. It makes bids/bid response omnipresent for the evalution team.

I hope it clears your doubts.

Regards,

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks a lot for your input. Just one more thing to clear my doubt. I assume that when Purchaser create RFx with two envelop, he already set up who should be the technical evaluator for the particular RFx. So when the technical evaluator logon to SRM, he can go to cFolder and see only the RFx folder that correspond to him/her. Is this correct?

Best regards,

John

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt Purchaser(Buyer) takes decison on inclusion of members on Techical Evaluation Team.

Technical Evaluation Team can have more that 1 member. So when Bid response is arrived; mail has been forwarded to the Team. Accordingly depedning upon roles Team members can look for bid response(documents).

he can go to cFolder and see only the RFx folder that correspond to him/her.

-> CFolder is a comman area. For every supplier; there is segregation of CFolder space not to Technical Evaluation Team member. Technical Evaluation Team member can see all supplier replies.

Regards,

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Are you saying that the technical evaluation team member can access every folder? In my company, the technical evaluator is decided based on the products to be bought, and one member should not be able to access other folder belong to other technical team. Is it possible to restrict the authorization?

Best regards,

John

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

No. I didn't mean technical evaluation team member can access every folder.

In my company, the technical evaluator is decided based on the products to be bought, and one member should not be able to access other folder belong to other technical team.

-> Yes. This is how it should be.

Regards,

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Really appreciate your reply on this post. I want to give you a reward, however I dont know how to do this in the new SDN. Do you know how to do it?

Best regards,

John

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's glad to know, that my reply helped you.

You have raised a question in discussion. It's not possible to award points in discussion.

Though you can like my comments.

Regards,