cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use SOAP adapter to send message to ABAP proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to a message split it is not possible to use the XI adapter to send out messages to an ABAP proxy (PI 7.0). I'd like to configure the SOAP adapter instead of the XI adapter to handle these messages. I've already checked the box next to 'do not use SOAP envelope', but I'm getting errors because of the SOAP header.

Is there a way to use a message split (1 source message creates several target messages) and send the target messages to an ABAP proxy using the SOAP adapter?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

-->Is there a way to use a message split (1 source message creates several target messages) and send the target messages to an ABAP proxy using the SOAP adapter?

As far as I know, using the SOAP Adapter with XI Protocol is only applicable for PI 7.1 ehp1 and above see the document below:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16242

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I already found this document, but unfortunately this does not apply to the release I'm using. I'm afraid the only way to achieve this in PI 7.0 is to use ccBPM.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is still a way, and that is to modify the data type such that the former parent becomes a child element with a 0..unbounded occurrence, the concept is almost the same as multi-mapping except that you'll be only producing one root message. The downside to this is that you need to change how your proxy is implemented. BPM is also the way to go if you don't want to change the proxy implementation for target system.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Answers (0)