Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC10: Problem while resetting the password

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem while trying to reset the password. I have done the configuration and I am able to select the target system now. However, after submitting the request, I get below message:

I noticed that, in spite of having got this success message (I doubt due to the first failure message), the password is not reset in the target system. Still I can use the old password to log in. Also, I have not received any password reset notification in my inbox.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anybody please suggest?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Are you able to see the all the user details from the target system in GRC. Like roles assigned in the system. If not, it is not able to reach the users in the target system. Because PSS data is stored in the GRC system and it would only try to change the user on target system on Submit.

Also check if the RFC user has all the authorizations required.

I think its the problem with Connector.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

Yes, I can see the roles from the back end system. This I verified by searching and selecting a role from the back system connector. However, So far I was unable to get the user details from the back end system. I configured user master data source though!

Can you please help me solve this problem?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

With in Maintain Data Sources make sure you maintain " User Search Data Store", User Detail Data Store", "User Authentication data store" and make End User Authentication set to YES.

Also make sure user has a e-mail ID assigned to him in the backend.

You should be able to see the user details from GRC, You can test this with create request, search for a user and select the user and see if all the details are getting populated. If not then there is a problem with the connector. Open a OSS message if its not working, they can check if anything is broken.

Have you maintained the necessary SMTP connection settings? If not make sure you do so that GRC will be able to send a mail.

Regards,

Ajesh.