cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data from HANA to other systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Is there any standard functionality available to export data from HANA to other SAP/Non-SAP systems.

If standard functionality is not available, what are the options available for this functionality?

Thanks & Regards

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

According my knowledge, Right now you can export the data into CSV and Binary format.

1. Click on the Export link.

2. Select the table (more than two tables also you can select).

3. Choose the Binary or CSV option and click finish.

Note: You can export models also.

Hope it is useful.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

In this way we can export data manually.

I want to know whether there is any functionality to export data from HANA to other SAP systems by scheduled jobs.

Regards

Sagar

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

You can use BO Data Services(BODS) to export the data from HANA to external systems.

1. Just create two Data Stores.One for HANA system and other one for the external system to which you want to export the data.
  2. Create a Data Flow and mark your source and target
  3. Place a Query and define the mapping between the HANA Source and Target and then Execute a Job with the Data Flow

Now the Data from HANA will be moved to Target system

Rgds,Murali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

If you want to export/import data between HANA systems then you may use the SQL statememts available in HANA to achieve the same. More information is available in the SQL HANA reference manual http://help.sap.com/hana/html/_gdata_import_export_statements.html

Rgds,

Mat.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mathan,

Thanks. I should be able to use the EXPORT when I get my calculation view with dynamic filter.

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

I think there is no standard functionality available in HANA but you can use SAP BODS ( Dataservice) to upload / export to any other system.

Regars,

Manoj.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has anyone used SQL scripts or stored procedure to generate a flat file with high volume ( 1mill + ) rows from HANA analytical / calculation views?

I have a project requirement for this and I am trying not to use BODS and keep it simple but still want to filter the data by date to choose records for the flat file.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Rama

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I am sorry I could not understand the purpose of doing so.

If you have the date field then you can write the proc using CE_OLAP_VIEW / CE_CALC_VIEW and then use the projection for date criteria.

Regards

Raj

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

The purpose is to setup a data extract from an HANA analytical view to create a flat file with millions of on a daily basis with date selection / filter. The export tool within HANA studio has limitation with respect to not supporting filters and also having file size limitations for flat files. Also, scheduling export jobs is not possible within HANA studio as of SP5 rev 55.

I really want to avoid using BODS since it adds development effort.

That is why, I am looking at creating an script calculation view to use a dynamic parameter that feed out of a table in HANA and provide the data. The export part, I am trying to create a procedure to generate flat file from this calculation view but do not know how?

Please advice if you have tips...I will look into the below export syntax options assuming that it exist like we do a flat file import....loader script...

Thanks