cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB DYNPRO BACKGROUND EXECUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to be able to ejecute  WEB DYNPRO ALV report in background mode, because of the large amount of selected data, there is no information and/or notes about this subject. Does anyone know if is this possible??

We need to consult the result of the execution via SE37 like a normal R/3 background job.

Thanks in advance.

Regards-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can not run Web Dynpro Applications in the background.  The framework is simply not designed for that. You should instead separate our your logic as a model layer which can be called from a separate Classic Dynpro UI for running in the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

Thanks a lot for your quick  answer. That´s what we thought.

By the way and abussing of your knowlege, for the same report, the custumer needs to navigate  to some standard transactions (as ME23N) without ITS, i mean, by double click in the purchase order from the web dynpro application ALV we need to go to the standard transaction.

Thank you very much.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Navigate without ITS?  You mean you want to open the SAPGUI for Windows?  In general the only way supported to do this is to run in the NWBC for Windows or the NetWeaver Portal. In the second case you must configure the iView to use SAPGUI for Windows.  The NWBC for Windows would be the suggested choice if you want SAPGUI for Windows integration.  From either you can use Object Based Navigation to go to the SAPGUI transaction.

If you aren't in the NWBC or NetWeaver Portal, then the suggestion is to use the ITS so you can perform the navigation via URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks one more time Thomas. I`ve found your answer very usefull.

Best Regards.

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is a modern report writing tool in the works similar to Web Dynpro?  Would be nice to not have to switch back and forth technologies to accomplish development goals.

Answers (0)