cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Encryption and Decryption in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement of message encryption and decryption in PI 7.3.

I have searched on SDN a lot and could find few links for PGP modules by Seeburger or AEdaptive third parties. Also, I learnt that we can develope our own JAVA module/ mapping for the same. But I couldn't conclude which one is the better approach to proceed and why.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

-Supriya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your project has fund then go for third party tool to do encryption and decryption. If not simple way is use Java mapping to accompolish this. You can achieve same the tool does. Also if you use your mapping then it would be more flexible than go with third party tool approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are quite a few ways to do PGP encryption namely buying 3rd party modules (like aedaptive PGP module), using os commands, java mapping or developing ur own custom adapter module...

As already suggested above if ur customer is ready to invest then u can buy these thirdy party modules but only constarint will be the cost

But if in case u want to look for other possibilities then i  would suggest that you should go for adapter module...buy 3rd party library and using them develop custom adapter module (i have implemented the PGP encryption/decryption using DIDISOFT library)...

chk my artilce:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/307deff5-a5ed-2e10-e3b2-96770ee3a...

u can alos opt for free and readily available cryptic libraries bt the main disadvbantage is that u dont have any support for those libaries and for bouncycastle api (if i am not wrong)  this library dont have any method for encryption and signing the file at a single go....

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please note that currently there is no standard solution available from SAP for PGP.

You will have to either develop your own PGP module or buy it from 3rd party vendors.

If you can wait a bit, SAP themselves are releasing a PGP solution along with a B2B Add on - http://scn.sap.com/people/katrin.ahsen/blog/2012/02/03/the-new-b2b-add-on-for-sap-netweaver-process-...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for the reply!!

But my question is which approach is better to proceed with- buying the module from third party or developing our own module - and why.

Also, if we develope own module, do we need to use APIs from bouncy castle only?

-Supriya.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends.

If your customer is willing to bear the licence cost then buying the product will be easy as it will be a proven use case and you will get support from the vendor.

In case you want to develop it you can use bouncycastle api or didisoft api. So make a comparison of the time and effort and then come to a conclusion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If possible better to go for already available solution i.e third party solutions instead of reinventing the wheel ..of course cost matters ..

Rajesh