cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Unix Cluster DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have installed SAP ERP EHP5 ABAP Stack with DB2 9.7 Database in HP Unix Cluster,

Where in we are not using the HP extension for Service Guard, so we have installed in following Sequence.

1. ASCS, ERS,CI in node 1

2. DB in node 2

When i move the node 1 to node 2 i.e my SAP Application to DB it is working fine, but when i move the DB node to CI i.e Database to CI.

DB startup is getting failed, when i check for the db2 users it is not there,

Please let me know how to go about it, weather i need to create users manually or how it is.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

When implementing ERS your setup should be as follows

1. ASCS, CI in node 1

2. DB ,ERS in node 2

To create users manually you may run SAPinst pre-requisite checker . It shall provide option to create users .In case you want to create it manually, you may copy the contents of following files

/etc/passwd

/etc/groups

and ensure that files are same on both the nodes.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have installed ASCS, ERS and CI in node 1 and DB in node 2,

Actually when i move the CI to DB it is working fine, but when i move DB to CI it is not working.

I had sync the group, users and passwd file now that is working fine,

But i have one issue here is /db2/P01 file system is not in package, so when i move the DB node to CI db is not able to start,

For that i found we need to do db catalog configuration i did the same but from CI i am not able to connect to DB.

I am doing this Cluster configuration with out SAPgep extension for SAP in HP UNix cluster.

Please do guide me.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please paste db2diag.log here ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thank you very much the issue was with the /db2/P01/db2p01 file system which was not part of Package.

I have added the file system to package now the DB is working in both node.

But i am facing a typical issue when i am trying to take backup of database in DB node using db2 backup command it is giving me the error as

SQL1031N  The database directory cannot be found on the indicated file system.

Please suggest as i have golive date getting closer.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

Answers (0)