cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Tiff File Download using CL_WD_Runtime_Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have developed a WD Application that will download TIFF and PDF from DMS. We read the document XSTRING and use CL_WD_RUNTIME_SERVICES to download the same. The code seems to works fine as I get the windows download popup for both PDF and TIFF as shown.

However when I click on Open, the PDF opens fine but TIF gives the following error

TiffSurfer Error - Unable to determine the location of your My Documents directory

If I save it to the desktop and open it, its working fine.

Since I am working on CITRIX, I checked that I dont have access to My Documents folder. So I feel the issue might be related to that. But then why PDF document is opening up. Does windows treats these two documents download and opening differently

I also tried out another approach mentioned by Thomas in this thread for the TIFF to JPEG Conversion -http://scn.sap.com/message/8709117#8709117

But here also I face a strange issue. The conversion happens but the JPEG File is blank. I did some more research and found that few TIFF(downloaded from internet) are working fine. The following image gets converted properly http://files.solidworks.com/InternalMarketing/PressRoom/P&P/image.tif

But the Autocad drawing files converted to TIFF are not working. The behavior is the same in standard test program GRAPHICS_IGS_IMGCONV_DEMO.

I tried one more thing. Uploading this TIFF downloaded from Internet to DIR. It gives and error while upload. So I think there are two format of the tiff file and not compatible.

So Any help to resolve this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had to change the default program to open TIFF as Adobe Photoshop. Now its working fine. But the question why TIFF conversion using IGS was not working for Autocad Drawing TIFF remains unanswered.

Regards,

Jai