cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Seeburger EDI adapter for PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone share their experience on implementation of SEEBURGER EDI adapter for PI? I am looking for information around various costs associated with the product. Does the company charge by data volume or number of different connections to vendors etc. I am just looking at a ball park number (25K-50K, 50K-75K etc). I would typically go to the source i.e. Seeburger but this information is not very evident on their website and I simply do not have time to go thru a sales pitch to just get a high level estimate for a feasibility analysis. Scenario would be SAP to PI to Vendor via AS2 and SAP to PI to NuBridges VAN.

Thanks and appreciate any inputs you can share.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

before going ahead with seeburger, you might want to invest some time and understand this new solution from SAP itself.

http://scn.sap.com/people/katrin.ahsen/blog/2012/02/03/the-new-b2b-add-on-for-sap-netweaver-process-...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish, I was not aware that PI is coming up with its own B2B adapters in EDI space. Thanks a lot for the info. Its a game changer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have worked a lot with Seeburger and therefore can provide you some information related to the costs as well.

>>Does the company charge by data volume or number of different connections to vendors etc.

It is normally a fixed cost of the product. However, this information is subject to change. You should contact SAP sales team as SAP directly sells Seeburger adapters.

>>I am just looking at a ball park number (25K-50K, 50K-75K etc).

For an adapter it should be 25K-50K.

SAP is coming out with their adapter by Q2 2012. It is essentially the time frame when PI 7.31 will be on GA (General Availability). We asked SAP about some more precise date, but they didn't provide any.

An important point here to consider is SAP's AS2 adapter won't be free either. It has a separate license and the figures are not out yet. Another point is that as it is newly developed adapter, the stability of a new product should be a factor. However, the advantage is the service would be much.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos