cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI CONTAINER_PPF in Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the past, we implemented BADI CONTAINER_PPF based on OSS note 865619. Now that we have upgraded to Solution Manager 7.1, the functionality that came out of the Z BADI implementation is no longer functioning. My question is whether CONTAINER_PPF is still a valid BADI in Solution Manager 7.1? If not, are there any alternative BADIs that I can use?

Cheers,

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It took a while but my ABAP Developer finally found my answer. BADI CONTAINER_PPF is still valid in Solution Manager 7.1. It's just that for Incident Management, a new business object is being used so you need to add the business object in to the filter for the BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

there are three SAP standard solutions to enhance PPF Action conditions. Using BADI CONTAINER PPF is one of them. Using BADI EVAL_SCHEDCOND_PPF or EVAL_STARTCOND_PPF is another solution. Both solutions are working fine in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 and 7.2.

However, the most simplest solution is to enhance the BOR object providing context sensitive attributes which can be combined and evalutated. In most cases the enhancement can be done without development. In my opinion this solution is the most consultant friendly one. Because I could not find any guide explaining this solution in a good  and development free manner, I created an own one. Please be free to use it too.

http://www.hybrid-eichhoernchen.de/ppf-action-condition-enhancement/

Kind regards,
Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

The BADI still exists in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 .. Are you using the same Transaction types which you used in the older version. As far as I know you have new transaction types for Change requests, Normal and Urgent corrections...

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadisj,

It is the new transaction types that doesn't look like it's picking up the BADI.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I saw that SAP Note which is talking about that Badi and the supported version for the note is BBPCRM verison 500 .. But SAP Solution Manager 7.1 runs on BBPCRM component 701... I think that may be one of the reasons for not supporting this badi anymore for the new transaction types.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadish,

Do you know of another BADI that can modify a PPF container?

Ryan

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Please check if below notes could help:

816456    Customer enhancements for CRM business object types

502389    Actions: Using additional attributes for conditions

Thanks

regards,

Vikram