cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter in CC: is there a certain way from PI to make sure

Former Member
0 Kudos

the PI has no access to a file sitting in a Unix folder other than go to Unix system to check the user's accessibilities?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Blue

are you using FTP?

Then you can deploy the Test Tool provided by SAP to test FTP connection. Note# 1085539

You will have to deploy the FTP_JDBC_ConnectionValidation_711.ear

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Monika.

I am using NFS(File System) with File Content Conversion in my sender CC. My problem is I do have acess to the source file, and monitoring CC shows all green, but it just won't create any message (checked the CC monitor). I just can't figure out what did I possible do wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

The attachment is a screen shot shows the file polling was successful, but the Message ID column is empty: no message created, even though the configuation asked to create a message no matter what

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is my few cents.

CC showing green status does not mean that polling is happening successfully. You first check whether file has permission to execute. Also you can set the file poll option delete mode in the channel. so that you can make sure that after file poll the file will be deleted from the file directory.

Check whether you referenced path and file name exactly that matches the file exist in the NFS file system.

Restart and start the channel one more time to see any problem with the channel.

You can also see anything going on in SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Baskar:

1. I asked my PI senior guy on the team, he said the PI polling the file using PI user, not the user for me, and the PI user definitely should have the file access, there are already other jobs defined, going the same folder grabbing the file. and they work

2. I tried as you suggest: set the file poll option to the Delete mode in the channel. And I stopped the channel, restarted, wait it for the CC to run for few minutes and I checked the file is still there.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means your File adapter is locked.

Goto NWA -> Availability and Performance Management->Resource Monitoring->Locks

Release all locks of your particular file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

i cant able to see ur attachment but anywayz i can suggest 2 options:

1) create one more file channel and use that for picking ur files (deactivate the previous one) and chk if it works...

2) or if u r sure enough that ur user is having access to the file then probably take a java stack restart...and then chk (long time back i had the same issue CC is polling the server at a regular interval but cant able to pick the file but eventaully java stack restart done the trick for me)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your communication channel in AF scheduler.

http://<host>:<port>/AdapterFramework/scheduler/scheduler.jsp

Answers (0)