cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing data into a collection using scheduled task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new collection using the sheet 'extension_definitions' from the Enterprise Deployment Workbook.

I was able to populate the the new collection using the import functionality by importing into the 'Extension Collections' object type.

I am having issue automating this using 'Scheduled Task' functionality by running the 'Data Import Monitor'.

The first line of my CSV file contains '# DataType[extension_collections]', but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Joe,

It shall be Name field on csv view and the csv shall be of format you see  on csv view after clicking on reference guide by navigating till then i.e creation of new extension attribute definition under the respective extension definition like for Project or for Master agreement etc..

# DataType[Extension Attribute Definition]

I did it that way for currency , UOM etc.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing.  I have made an extension collection on the Internal Category object and I'm trying to load to that collection using a scheduled task from a CSV file.

My CSV file is as follows:

#DataType[extension_collections]

CLASS,OBJECT,COLLECTION,CUSTOM_FIELD1,CUSTOM_FIELD2

masterdata.InternalCat,AUAA10319410,POGCOLLECTION,040208,A

However, it seems like the "extension_collections" is not correct.  When I try to import this file via a scheduled task, the trace.txt file says that "extension_collections" is an invalid datatype.