cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No garbage collection data/detailed memory use data with Wily agent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm opening this thread following this one http://scn.sap.com/thread/1361990

Problem is: there's no data showing under the J2EE GC Overview 1/2 and 2/2. The other info detail is being shown on other components without any problem, even the Java Memory Heap shows the results. Any suggestion on why this is only happening with this particular component?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The GC data collection done by host level agents, might be issue with the data collection itself.

does your SAP OSCol service started from host agent, check the availablity of collected data in wily,

any errors stated in the log files?

you can trouble shoot this extraction using the below guide

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000806242007E please check.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well actually this happens within an agent thats not installed nor configured in solman, this is an agent installed manually and EM server is on another machine ofc. However I was checking the logs, and the log states this condition:

[INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.SAPTracerStartupHook] Tracer is not activated because prerequisite class is not present: com.sap.sup.wily.agent.tracer.SapMemoryTracer

I believe this is one parameter missing in my IntroscopeAgent.profile so it can start collecting also the GC overview... I'll read that manual. Thanks for the info.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Helo Ruben,

Please check the Setup Wizard for this host, rerun it. Probably you will see a failed destination SAP GC. Check SAPAgentConfig.xml in Agent Administration -> Applications Configuration -> ... wilyhost ->
SAPAgentConfig.xml, change the scope to your managed system.

You will see the destination string entirely. Common issue is hostname not reached or missing chars in the host name.

In many cases implementing the latest LM-SERVICE patch (not SP! a patch for the SP) solves the issue.

Best regards,

Guilherme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, however I forgot to mention this is not installed within solman, it's an wily agent manually installed. Only have the IntroscopeAgent.profile for configuration.