cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted and disappeared files with source control

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

After a long day of work we checked in our activities in version control (MII 12.2.0 Build 195). Suddenly the files (BLS transactions and XSL files) disappeared or were corrupted (premature end of file). Is there any chance for getting back these files? Does MII or Netweaver store the old versions (after saving) in its database?

Hopping for your help,

Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

12.2.0 is very outdated, and if I'm not mistaken it is a version that is left over from the ramp-up phase (prior to the actual GA release), so an upgrade should be strongly considered to get any form of support through service marketplace.

Depending upon how 'corrupt' your web content has become you may be able to recover from the server's file system.  Sample path:  \\server\d$\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\xapps~xmii~ear\servlet_jsp\XMII\root\CM\Project\Fo...

0 Kudos

Jeremy!

Nice to read an answer from you on my discussion (I often saw your picture in this network).

The server's file system at least contained the xsl and xml files). Thank you very much.

I did not find the BLS transactions there, perhaps they are hidden somewhere in the deep dark universe of the Netweaver internal Oracle database.

Best regards

Christian

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you loose all the files from MII too or did the checkin failed only.

NWDI keeps older version of files (if they were checked in earlier). You can check them either by logging in directly to DTR (http://host:port/dtr/ws) and check the files here.

Alternately you can check the old versions in MII by right clicking the file and select "Version History". You can see the old version here and also check out the old version in which case it will checkout the current version and copy the old version to the latest.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

Partha,

I've still seen the files in NWDI DTR, but the were corrupted.

Best regards

Gerhard

Answers (0)