cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to archive information about incoming files in some schema. So while processing of the incoming file received through File adapter, PI will read through the contents of the file and after that will update the schema with some information like arrival date and time, type of incoming file etc.

We will not like to use JDBC adapter for the same due to some constraints.

Could you please arrange to tell me if there is any other way of creating/maintaining a new schema in PI for this ? I have to dynamically update the schema in runtime for updation, insertion etc.

The PI version in use is 7.1

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean by updating the schema? do you mean a XSD, DTD etc? when you are reading the incoming file, dont you already know the schema? can you elaborate more?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By Schema I meant a table like structure where I can store the incoming file information like arrival date and time, type of file(order, invoice etc).

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Archive it in FTP only with proper naming standards(with time stamp). using standard file adapter can achive this easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mainak,

You can have a File to RFC scenario here.

Where you make a RFC call to a abap function which will maintain the details like "Arrival Date, File Name, Date and Time, Type etc.." in a ZTable.

So, every time the interface is run, table is updated with the details dynamically.

Regards,

Aravind

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

since you dont want to use HDBC, I guess the other option you have is either an ABAP proxy or a RFC call. You can then choose to decide if you want to store the data within PI or maybe another SAP application system

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Easy solution is write abap proxy on the receiver side and store the information in the ECC.