cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned revenues from Sales Order to WBS (on version 001 or subsequent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

concerning the integration with SD, and in particular in terms of revenue recognition on the the WBS, I would like to ask if there is a way to assign planned revenues from SD sales orders on WBS version different than 000.

Basically, in our model:

- WBS version 000 is created during the project start as a baseline. This WBS version gets all the planned revenues from initially planned sales orders

- in case a change order occurs, WBS version 001 is created and new sales orders are issued. We would like to have these new revenues recognized on WBS 001 only (while currently they are recognized only on version 000)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I think you can configure which plan version of WBS is taken in account in OKG3 transaction ( plan version) chek if it works,

But I don't undertand very well your process, if the order is not changed the current version is the 000 and if the order is changed the current version is 001 ¿?. I think it makes more sense use actual version 000 and use version 001 as baseline and always execute RA with version 0.

I hope this can be useful!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sara,

just to provide additional details, the process currently implemented is based on:

- WBS version 000 created with planned revenues and costs as soon as the project starts. This version is the baseline of the project

- WBS version 001 created as soon as a contractual change order occurs. This version is used to map contractual changes

This model was designed for PS and without any integration with SD, i.e. the planned revenues and costs are all assigned manually to the WBS.

I'm now evaluating the feasibility of acivating SD and integrating Sales order revenues into the WBS. It works fine for the version 000 (sales order revenues are retreived by the WBS),  but it seems there is no way, in case of a change order, to assign the new sales order (and related revenues) coming from contractual changes to the WBS version 001.  I checked OKG3 but it looks like is not goign to fit this need.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestion regarding this issue

Thanks a lot,

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I feel, the best way to handle this is by using project versions. When you create a new project and do some planning (costs & revenues) its done against version 0. What you can do is when the project planning is finalised take an Original Project Version. This will be the version which will hold the plan figures when the project started. Lets say the version is called XXXXO1203 where XXXX is the project id, O stands for Original and 1203 stands for year and month. Now, as and when there is some change in the planning (costs & revenues) take a forecast version at regular intervals for e.g. end of the current month or beginning of the next month. Name the forecast version as XXXXF1203.

Versions can be created using transaction CN72. You can then compare the figures for the different versions in the standard reports or create a customised report. I am currently working on one such report and we are using the version functionality to achieve our objectives.

Regards,

Gokul