cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for all Mappings circumstances required.

svalluri23
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As we know we have 4 types of mappings are there in PI. Kindly make me understand which mapping is good to which type of requirements. As i know, almost all the things can possible through Graphical mapping. where we can go for further. Please provide me the cases if any for remaiing mappings. what are the things can't possible through Graphical.

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Huge question, and by using search button, I'm sure you will find a blog or a wiki for the pro / cons of different mapping types. Here's just some points that I thinking in this second...

the things can't possible through Graphical:

- to do easily a sort, could be complex with graphical, whereas with an XSLT it seems it's easier.

- to remove a Namespace in the target structure (sometimes is needed for some web service), you can use XSLT.

for abap mapping, you need to have an abap stack. So if you have PI 7.3 (Java only)... you can forget it.

regards.

Mickael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

SAP PI provides following standard mappings

1.Graphical Mapping

2.Java Mapping

3.XSLT Mapping

Two other mappings are also provided by SAP PI which can be used by adjusting the exchange profile

4.ABAP Mapping

5.XSLT Mapping with ABAP Extensions

1.Graphical mapping:It is the most common approach wherein there is a simple drag and drop to correlate the source and the target nodes.

2.Java Mapping:

Java Mapping uses 2 types of parsers. DOM and SAX. DOM is easier to use with lots of classes to help you create nodes and elements, but , DOM is very processor intensive.

SAX parser is something that parses your XML one after the other, and so is not processor intensive. But, it is not exaclty easy to develop either.

3.XSLT Mapping

One can also think of Java mapping as another option but it is a bit complex and required knowledge of Java. In such cases, XSLT mapping can be the best approach to meet the requirements.

A few example cases in which an XSLT mapping can be used:-

When the required output is other than XML like Text, Html or XHTML (html displayed as XML)

When default namespace coming from graphical mapping is not required or is to be changed as per requirements.

When data is to be filtered based on certain fields (considering File as source)

When data is to be sorted based on certain field (considering File as source)

When data is to be grouped based on certain field (considering File as source)\

4.ABAP Mapping:A person good with Object Oriented Programming can go for ABAP Mapping

5.XSLT Mapping with ABAP Extension:I have not used it yet only knnow it thereotically

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos