Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Solman 7.01 with lower Oracleversion

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All.

It is still possible to install Solman 7.01 with Oracle Version 10.x. ?
The DVDs from SAP came with Oracle 11. Until now i cannot find a way.

By the way - I've got a Netweaver 7.01 DVD with Oracle 10 - it is possible to install SolMan as an addon on this installation?

Thanks a lot.

Denny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Denny

Why would you still install SolMan 7.01? You should go for SolMan 7.1 instead? Why Oracle 10 and not Oracle 11?

Sure why wouldn't you be able to use Oracle 10. I don't see the point in doing so but yes that's possible. Oracle 10 DVD's should still be available on https://service.sap.com/swdc I would think.

"By the way - I've got a Netweaver 7.01 DVD with Oracle 10 - it is possible to install SolMan as an addon on this installation?" --> Nope Solution Manager is not an add-on, it's a seperate installation which differs from a Vanilla Netweaver.

Kind regards

Tom

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom.

Thanks for your answer.

It's because of our server - we cannot patch solaris until november. our solarisversion doesnt work with oracle 11.

so, i've got an oracle10 installationdvd from an old sap installation. but without a masterinstallation-dvd (which supports oracle 10) it won't help me. right?

thanks

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dennis

That should work out fine. The installation stops and asks you to install the database.

You should also be able to install Solution Manager 7.1 with Oracle 10G though.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the PAM http://service.sap.com/pam SolMan 7.01 and SolMan 7.1 installation is supported on Oracle 10 and 11 but on Solaris 10.

Have you already tried with the SolMan 7.01 installation master? I guess now if you run the SolMan 7.01 Installation Master DVD - it would be asking for Oracle 11 database DVD.

Perhaps a dirty method would be to change the label.asc on the database DVD, but think best to keep this to test systems.

Regards,

Srikishan

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

Yes, sapinst wants the path to Oracle 11. I cannot change it to 10.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately it seems to be the limitation with the installation master DVD. A dirty workaround as I suggested above:

- If you enter Oracle 10 database DVD in the SAPInst prompt, you get an error saying something like 'Required label was XX and found label was YY'

- Copy the Oracle 10 DVD to the hard disk and navigate to LABEL.ASC file. Here you could replace the content with what is being asked for by the SAPInst

But again for test system this can be OK, for prod - either better to wait until OS is updated or create a message to SAP(who I think might suggest OS update)

Regards,

Srikishan

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, thank you!

Regards, Denny

Answers (0)