cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating RFC destination to DEV&QAS, but require login to PRD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, Im having a problem creating RFC destination from SMSY, for using charm.

【Situation】

DEV -> QAS -> PRD, PRD is the domain controller, but CTC is not activated yet.

I tried to make Trusted RFC connection to DEV 100 and QAS 100. Login screen pops up 3times.

But after that, login screen to PRD pops up, I did not know why RFC destination need info of other server??

So just cancelled, an error occur for TRUSTED connection. READ,TMW is fine.

【Help】

Ususally how many times of the login is needed to creat RFC? And is it normal that it requests login to PRD(or, domain controller?)

Thanks in advance,

M&Ms

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The login pop-up occurring three time, perhaps due to the fact that three RFCs to the satellite system are created: SM_SIDCLNTXXX_READ, SM_SIDCLNTXXX_TMW and SM_SIDCLNTXXX_TRUSTED. Each RFC is used for various purposes in CHARM.

Also in CHARM scenario all the system which are involved in the TMS - need to be accessed by the Solution Manager. This means the RFCs to Production system is also required. In CHARM, there are steps where in TRs are to be imported into the Production system, hence RFC to PRD is required to perform this operation.

Regards,

Srikishan

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello M&Ms

You should no longer get a pop-up when you use a trusted RFC connection.

If you do then your trust is not working properly.

Often related to security issue - authorization objects of the user who is using the connection for example. Check SM21 (system log) and ST22 (short dumps) on both systems to check if it's the case.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thank you both for the reply.

Srikishan,

Also in CHARM scenario all the system which are involved in the TMS - need to be accessed by the Solution Manager. This means the RFCs to Production system is also required. In CHARM, there are steps where in TRs are to be imported into the Production system, hence RFC to PRD is required to perform this operation.

Thanks for explaining 3 popups. I understand that. But for PRD popup, I have not activated any charm function for these systems... Did the same happen to your case as well? So that, it is very common when creating RFC, solution manager need connection to PRD? Or is it because PRD is domain controller? ...Sorry for asking a lot, but if there is any SAP article about this, it will be very helpful if you can share...

Tom,

Thanks, it happens when creating RFC connection from smsy. It failed, so now we cannot do the "single sign on". The role S_RAFCAL is used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I perfectly understand your issue, you are getting login screen of PRD system when you are trying to create RFC for your DEV system?

How you are trying to create the RFC, using Assistant, if you are using RFC generated using logon screen , based on the scenario choosen it gives the POP UPs,if you choosen trusted connection you wont get any popups.

Normally Assistant creates these 4 types of rfc

Read RFC from solman o satellite system

TMW RFC from solman to satelite system (This is only if you choosen change management scenario)

Trusted RFC from solman to satelite

BACK RFC from satelite to solman

if you are using Generate RFC function then any way you might maintained the entry of PRD , other wise you will be between your choosen satellitey system and Solman system.

you can get the needed steps in these RKT, please follow

smsy

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000894082006E.sim

RFC

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002912202006E.sim

Please check

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi, Thanks for your infomation.

I am using Generate RFC function, the setting is like the pic attached.

In this case, it is to create Trusted RFC connection from SWZ(Solman) to TWZ(DEV,satellite).

After I press create button, 3popups to TWZ 731 appers, and logon screen to PRD popup too.

However I did not maintian any thing there for PRD...or did I???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For generic CHARM setup:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Change+Request+Management

Also check out charm related blogs at:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Weblogs+related+to+Solution+Manager

With regards to the pop-up PRD you get when generating RFCs for Test system, it seems due to the PRD system being the Domain controller. Perhaps you could uncheck the RFC for Change Manager option from above screenshot and see if still a prompt for PRD system is shown.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your screen shot , you are using without assistant with the default change management scenario,Hence the Solman System trying to pull the data from your 000 Client of the Domain controller,

This is the usual functionality of ChARM, solution manager will get all the landscape details like transport route everything from your domain controller using the RFC to 000 client of the domain controller.

Since your case PRD is the domain controller, it trying to connect client 000 of PRD.

Please use the Assistant to create RFC where do not use the change management scenario if not required.

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (0)