Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Number Limit for Documents

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started to create a document iwth lots of images within it as it is a step-by-step guide. But after adding 19 images, the "Insert Image" link became disabled.

My images have sizes 5KB to 50KB so total ~ 400KB.

Is there any limitation with the number of images? Or it is specific to my file only

My documents Link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-24544

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can confirm that the maximum number of images allowed is 20. This is why you cannot upload more than that ammount.

The reason for this limitation is to keep the document within a reasonable size (i.e. not too long).  To get arround this, you'll need to break the document into parts (1, 2, 3, ...).

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanx

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I published the Document, but I want you to know that, although I removed some images and keep the number below 20, I cannot add images anymore to the same document (not sure if valid for all content types). It has to allow me to add until I reach 20 normally.

This seems to be not a big issue but a bug

Fyi

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - I counted 18 images on the document.  There might be some residual code left in the HTML when you removed some images before adding others several times: the limitation of images is likely enforced by how many times a string of HTML code appears in the document.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm going to investigate this. Thanks for reporting.