Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to SAP Gateway Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This is my first post after upgrading the SCN

I am using SAP NWDS 7.01.10 (SP10) and my SAP logon pad version 720 (7200.3.7.1066)

I am not able to connect model(Adaptive RFC model) from my NWDS. After giving user credentials it showing the pop up connect to SAP Gateway failed.Please find attached screenshot for you reference.

Could you please give me your suggestion how to resolve this?

note: I tried reinstalled my NWDS and connected but no luck. i tried with librfc.dll file in c:\\windowsNT\system32 then also no luck.

Regards,

Manivannan P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you had put in the correct parameters for the connection. Also, try the FQDN for the hostname.

Regards,

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I connected via 'Load balancing'. Thanks for your suggestions

Regards,

Manivannan P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting a error while establishing a connection throug Import sap netweaver Bw Models.

Initialization of destination generatedJcoDestinationKey_a1476421-7338-4494-8cfc-bb55c525ebe2 failed: Connect to SAP gateway failed

Connection parameters: TYPE=A DEST=generatedJcoDestinationKey_a1476421-7338-4494-8cfc-bb55c525ebe2 ASHOST=122.175.37.44 SYSNR=07 PCS=1

Can any one help?

Thanks

SaiSowhit

surendra_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sowhit,

Your getting this issue while connecting to Sap bw to import bw objects.

So while configuring use server name and host as IP address then its work fine, if your are using host as  name and also for server name as name.

Copy Your sap bw server IP Address then use it for both server name and as well as host then

its wrk fine.

Thanks&Regards

Surendra P

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it seems to be clear, the host is unknown.
can you add the host to your local host file. or you can try with IP directly to connect to the sap system.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jun wu,

I already tried the same but no luck

Regards,

Manivannan P

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
can you ping the host? can you logon with sap gui?
can you upload a screenshot regarding what you have filled for the connection to the sap system,which is not visible in your last screenshot?
p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manivannan,

First please update the server IP address and host name in the host file.

Login to the SAP portal and find the JCO destination for SAP System which you want to use in the webdynpro application. please ping the destination and test. the tesst should be successful. then Copy the name JCO modeldata and metadata names.

Then in NWDS while creating the model > import adaptive rfc model > next screen you will the see the "Default Logical system name for model instance" and "Default Logical system name for RFC metadata", you need to enter the JCO modeldata and metadata names respectively.

Next screen you can use the "Single Server" tab and enter the host name, system number. client number, logon name, password and language.

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal