cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD security roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all -

Could someone shed a light on the SLD security roles for me ?

SLD is running fine (on a EP JAVA WAS) but I seem to miss the roles that come with it (LcrUser, LcrAdministrator, etc...)

Can I import/deploy/create them ? When do I use the 'Assign User Groups to Roles' from the VA - SLD Data Supplier ?

thx guys,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

could you solve the problem?

The only LCR role I have is LcrUser.

Regards,

Juan Manuel

yonko_yonchev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

the assignment of SLD roles can be done from the <i>Policy Configurations</i> in the <i>Security Provider Service</i> in the Visual Administrator. Once you are there you'll have to choose the <b>sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld</b> component and then click the <i>Security Roles</i> tab. From there you should have access to the SLD roles. Since the SLD roles are J2EE roles (they won't show up in the User Management console) and you can assign them to users/user groups from VA.

You can use the "Assign roles to groups" button in the SDL Data Supplier service in case the UME is used with an ABAP backend user sotre. In this case the ABAP user roles will appear as user groups in the J2EE Engine. If the J2EE user groups are created after the SLD server has been deployed, you can perform the mappings by using the SLD configuration service in the Visual Administrator.

For documentation of the above, take a look at the Post Installation guide from service.sap.com/sld -> Media Library.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yonko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Are you able to solve the problem. I am also having the same problem. I don't see the security roles.

Thanks

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Are you able to solve the problem. I am also having the same problem. I don't see the security roles.

Thanks

Anu