Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Steps for Distributed System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to install a distributed system with this characteristics:

The Database server (instance) is on HP/UX with oracle 11.0.2.1 IA64

The central instance of SAP is on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (ECC 6.0 EHP4)

I think that i have run sapinst on Central Instance with the first option (Prerequisite), after this i need run the database instance option in the HP/UX server and then i need to run the Central instance option in the SAP Server Again. This is correct?

Can anyone tell me the sequential steps for this type of installation??

Thanks in advanced

Aldo Garcia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aldo Garcia,

Just an overview for hetero & distributed system installation.

1) Run sapinst for global host preparation

2) Install DB

3) Install CI. Here, it'll ask for secure store key where generated during DB installation. You need to copy over to CI Host.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for response, after read the inst guides and this note:1148109 i have a few questions:

1.- I need to run the SAP Global Preparation on the unix server?

2.- I need to mount the SAP Global directory?

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garcia

1- Yes you have to run sap global preparation on DB host.

2- yes you have to mount

Thanks

Sadiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sadiq thnaks for response,

which folders i need to mount from DB host to CI host? i need to run the global preparation host in both systems or only in the DB host?

Can you list me the steps for this installation?

Thanks in advanced

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to run the global host installation in CI only, follow the step i mention above:

1) Run sapinst for global host preparation

2) Install DB

3) Install CI. Here, it'll ask for secure store key where generated during DB installation. You need to copy over to CI Host.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas thanks for response,

The note 1148109 says that i need to run the SAP Global host in the DB instance, this is correct? if i run the Global host in the CI (windows) wich directories i need to mount in the Unix server?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nocholas,

In the note 1148109 says that i need deselect the checkbox "Profiles available" but this checkbox only appears when i try to uninstall an instance, do you know how can i enable this checkbox with any sapinst parameter of comand line or something else?

Thanks

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aldo Garcia,

If you read the installation guide, it say run the global host preparation on your Global host server, which is either you have a standalone global host, or normally is resides with CI. Your DB server don't need /sapmnt.

Just run your global host preparation on the CI node.

Once your global host preparation completed. Install Database Instance with checkbox "Profile are available" UNCHECK as  you can't mount/share your /sapmnt between Windows & Unix. In /etc/hosts file, remember to put in the hostname/ip of your CI & DB server at each server.

Once DB installation completed, proceed with CI Installation, and fill in your DB SID & Hostname as prompt. Manually copy the SecStore.key and SecStore properties from your DB host to your CI server's /SYS/global/security/data.

Also, check the default profile for your CI instance to ensure all related DB parameter is set correctly.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the steps that you should follow are described on http://service.sap.com/instguides, please use always when performing new installations, it has some details that sometimes you could pass by.

Cheers,

Maurício

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check installation guide for distributed system installation and make sure that you use proper media for different OS.

Thanks

Sunny