cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection on Delivery w/ order

0 Kudos

Experts,

I am having issues meeting a customer requirement in regards to inspection lots (Type 10) being created off of delivery's. The customer requirement is that an inspection lot is only created when the following is met:

These are an example but similar to what I am facing.

• Inspection is only required for one specific customer
  • When total sold QTY = 100,000 EA (regardless of customer) for that material
  • and/or 12 months since the last inspection

We don't use inspection much, other than 01 types which are pretty easy to setup and maintain. We are mature SAP shop but just now diving into the QM module. ANY help or guidance would be so much appreciate!

Best Regards,

RB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first issue can be handle strictly by the "QM in SD" records.  These records need to be created after you activate the inspection type 10 lots.  Set "before delivery" for those customers needing testing, and "by customer" for those not needing inspection.

For the second two issues, your best bet is probably a user exit.  Look at exit QAAT0001.  You can put in your own logic here to supress the creation of new inspection lots.

FF

Message was edited by: Fire Fighter  - spelling correction

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I suggest you that here u maintain the Info record :SD, it's very similar like that of Vendor info record , this will resolve your problem, and if any customization required then use user exit QAt0001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear RB,

Please co-ordinate with your ABAPer. They will help you more.

-sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go as suggested by FF for 1st and 2nd scenario. But i dont think the 3rd scenario is possible anyway. once the material is sold to the customer unless it comes back to the plant why you need inspection. It should be a manual process.

Regards

Smruti

0 Kudos

Smruti,

Based on FF reply to my message, I would think it is completely possible to utilize user exit QAAT0001 with logic for inspection lot suppression if total delivery count since last inspection is equal to 100,000 EA or 12 months since last inspection, which every comes first. I will get with my ABAP team but could you share more as to why you do not believe this is possible?

Thanks!

RB

0 Kudos

Smruti,

Another thing... you mentioned this should be manual. What exactly are you recommending to be manual? Making this process manual would defeat the purpose of using an automated system to notify my users when an inspection is required. In other words, to continue to have them track in a spreadsheet (like they do now) and to go into the system and manually create an inspection lot does little more than document that the inspection was completed. To really add value to this process is to take away that need to manually track when an inspection lot is needed to be created. Off the top of my head, the only time I would think they should have to manually go in and create an inspection lot is when someone makes a mistake on a UD.

Thoughts?

RB

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Smruti misinterpreted what your 3rd requirement was.  I think he thought that you wanted to reinpsect  a retained sample of material shipped to a customer 12 months ago.  Or something along those lines.

Your requirement though I think is that at least one shipment of every material to each customer is inspected at least once a year.  So if a customer only took shipments <100,000 ea they wouldn't normally get an inspection, but you want at least one a year.

FF

0 Kudos

Good point. Sometimes the problem with forums is you don't have a white board to draw it out. Illustrations can sometimes say more than words. Just to clarify my issue...

• Material  ABC is the only material that has this requirement.
  • Material ABC is purchased by multiple customers but only 1 customer has the requirement for the testing/inspection.
    • Total materials sent out to all customers equals 100,000 units shipped
    • and/or 12 months since previous inspection performed - Which ever comes first

The testing is performed by a third party vendor and sent back to us .

The Inspection of the test results and UD is performed by us prior to delivery to customer.

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

What inspection type the system will create since the qty is at customers end and you are not doing any movement. Then you need to mainaain a Z table for the material when it is sold to customer and buid a logic to sum the qty. If any thing is returned from the customer or replaced at customer how you are going to include in this table ?