cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call a Web Dynpro using a SAP Netweaver HTTP client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are developing a new Application based on the SAP OCI Interface for Catalogs. In the OCI Standard the so called OCI validation is defined. In this case a HTTP opens a connection to the server (in this case a Netweaver 700), send the request (the search string) and receives the response (the search result).

In SRM 7 the OCI validation is no longer triggered by the client itself but by the SRM Server. In our case the client (SRM Server) opens a HTTP connection to our application (ABAP Web Dynpro Netweaver 700) using the standard HTTP client. This connection is refused by the Web Dynpro framework (Browser not supported).

Does anybody know whether it is possible to do such a connection with Web Dynpro for ABAP? Is it possible to do a Web Dynpro Processing in the backgroud without outputting something?

Regards
Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

don't really understand your requirement. Why do you want to call a WDA app, if you don't need an output? Wouldn't it be better to call a service directly (via SOAP or better ICF/REST)?

Best reagrds
Uwe (@se38)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

thanks for your answer. The issue is a little bit tricky - I know. This OCI catalog features works this way:

1) You define a catalog with URL in SRM Cusotmizing (this is our WBA Application)
2) A new Shopping Cart is created, the catalog is called (using the Web Browser of the user)
3) The item should be verfied using the OCI validation
4) The validation call is made in the background using HTTP (see my inital posting)

The problem is: step 4 always uses the same URL as step 2. So I need a switch in my WDA application (Web call or validation)

I am always open for better suggestions

Regards
Mike

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

step 4 always uses the same URL

with an additional parameter I guess (e.g. ?validate=true or something like that).

In this case I would always call an own ICF node with a handler class. This class checks the parameters. In case there is no validation parameter -> redirect to the WDA (catalogue) else call the validation process.

Possible?

Regards
Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

this sound great. If think this should work, but ... the handler class I define in the WD entry in SICF is not called. Will look into this more deeply, except you have another great suggestion

Regards
mike