Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Old MDM Console Cnnections

brahmanandam_ausali
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Folks,

We have a repository where there are open connections from long time like more than 2 months. I am unable to understand how these connections are piled up. we have set the "Inactive Client Timeout Minutes" to 8 hours still I could see are too old connections open in Console Connections. I am looking for writing a java application to close old connection. Does any one faced similar issue? any one has sample Java code (Using MDM API) for closing open connections.

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks,

Brahma Ausali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahma,

As mentioned in other posts it is a good practice to set the following ini parameters:

Client Ping Timeout Minutes - to kill inactive sockets.

Inactive Client Timeout Minutes - Used to clean up dead connections on networks which kill inactive sockets. If the connection is alive, the pings succeed and nothing else happens. If the connection is dead, the ping attempts ultimately fail and the network informs the MDM Server that the connection is dead. Default is 0 (disabled).

Session Timeout Minutes - Causes MDM Console, CLIX, and applications based on the new Java API to expire after the specified number of minutes elapses. Default is 14400 (24 hours)

Please note these entries might be available by default,one has to set them and take a MDS restart for them to be active.

Also while testing number of connections one should always refresh.e.g Press F5 when logged on to console under connection to see real time connections.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahma,

Repository Unload will solve your problem of Connections this time.

Before Repository unload, system will ask for your confirmation to kill all the connections.

You can click Yes and all connections will be removed after Repository. Than you can reload repository again.

But this is not feasible to unload and reload repository every time you need to kill idle connections.

So kindly check if you get any help by setting Inactive Client Timeout Minutes and Client Ping Timeout Minutes (It causes Clients to send pings to Master Data Server so that connection could be kept alive). From MDM Console reference guide. Let me know if it works.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you may refer http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM71/index.html

for java classes, one quick solution is to unload the repository and reload it using update indices.

There are other properties, that need to be set along with Inactive Client Timeout Minutes. refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/42/fc006b8adf1a61e10000000a422035/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek