Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer using Rules Based ATP

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

I have maintained the setting for stock transfer reviewing the building block and also help.sap . It works fine that is STR are generated but the issue is with the MAD date at the sales order .

Tlanes are manually maintained in APO with duration as 11days between DC  A and B .

Q)       Sales order : Requested date           Quantity       Location

March 8th                  2                 A

RRP3 for material at A :   The sales order date is  March 8th and the Preq is on March 19th ( Which is correct as we have maintained 11 days )

RRP3 for material at B :  Preqrel generated on March 8th .

Sales order confirmation :   MAD date           Quantity           Location

March 8th              2                      A

My question is when the sales orde is created with a requested date and saved it is trigerring a STOCK TRANSFER but the stock would not be avialable at Location A till March 19th but if we see at the sales order it is getting a MAD date of March 8th itself . How can it get a confirmation date of march 8th when the stock is gonna be on March 19th .

Regards,

Aryan .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan,

Same problem too. We have opened an OSS message alike. I'll keep you posted as soon as we get an answer.

Also, since this is quite an old post, if you have found any satisfying fix, please let me know.

Clement

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nachawati ,

You need to maintain the scheduling tables and they have to be synchronous with the tlane duration .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Please read below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/4d/4b9036dfe4b703e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

I obsereved here its not possible as such but there are some setting which you can try.

and the logic told by Pablo make a great help in MATP.

Pravin Mukkawar

TCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan,

We faced the same problem but without solution (we even opened an OSS message). What we saw is that when RBA is executed GR time in Product master is not taken into account, while, during ATP tree conversion it is taken into account.

As long as this time is not considered MAD date calculated by the rule is sooner than the one after ATP tree conversion.

See if after deleting GR time in Product Master at Destination Location "solves" the problem. It seems that RBATP does not read this time while ATP tree conversion (which, in fact, is a PPDS functionality) is reading it.

We have tried to add GR time into scheduling using an User Exit in APO without success.

Best regards

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

Availability check is only remotely related to Planning.  When the Sales order was created, you say that a Purchase req was created.  Are you using CTP?

Did the Sales order get a confirmation date when it was created?  Exactly what is the basis of your ATP check?  Is it being done in ERP or in APO?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Debe ,

We are currently using Stock transfer using rules based.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc70/helpdata/EN/48/14573b5108fe13e10000000a11402f/content.htm

and when i create an order on ECC an APO ATP screen is popping so that means that the order is being done by APO(Correct me if i am wrng) .

As i see it when the sales order is created i see a Purreq being generated in rrp3 which means the rule is being triggered now but when i see the MAD date the product is having a MAD date of March 8th where as the Purreq date is March 19th( March 8th+11days=march19th ) . It makes sense if the MAD date was 19th as the material will be available on 19th  .

Regards,

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

Well, you have told me that you are using APO, and you are using RBA.  And not much else.

RBA can be set up an infinite number of ways.  Right now you are assuming that the Sales order should be confirmed based upon the completion date of the Purchase Requisition.  Yet, it is unclear what setup steps you have taken to support this business objective.

I could spend a day or more going through your logical business process, and the solution you have created.  Unfortunately, forums are a poor vehicle for such research.

Whenever I troubleshoot an RBA solution, I first carefully examine all the data in the confirmation screen during the ATP check.  Here, you can discover which conditions were selected, which rules were used, which durations were relevant, and what the ATP quantity and scope of check were for the final ATP proposal.  I suggest you start here.

If you can ask a more detailed question, I can attempt to answer.  Otherwise, I can't help.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Debe,

Thank you for your quick reponse , the current setting i have maintained is tradional Rules based setting which is from the Building Block provided by SAP . For STR generation we have maintained

Tlanes - 11days for transportation .

Order Creation DAte : March 8th

Rule maintianed with location substitution procedure - Substitute A with B

Created rule determination activity with Stock transfer checked and maintained Planning procedure as 5 in the material master .

As i have read this doc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc70/helpdata/EN/48/14573b5108fe13e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Now when i create an order with quantity 2 for location A(with no stock) an APO availability check screen is popping up which shows that the product is not at location A but location B . After that when i accept it and save .The order is confirmed at location A and  I see the MAD date to be March 8th where as the STR has a date of March 8th+11= March 19th(At location A). when i read the above link it tells me that the STR is not generated until i save the order . Now logically it makes sense to have the MAD date of 19th . I have not maintained any other configuration . Is there something i need to maintian on APO or on ECC side .

Regards,

Aryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aryan

I have not worked on the specific scenario. From your description, I suspect that results are not ploughed back to RBA i.e. one RBA triggers STO based on configuration, STO does a forward scheduling and the results are not written/updated in delivery proposal. Could you please check by trying to create a Sales Order with a requested date well in future so thta TLane time can be taken care of and you would have a MAD in STO matching with MAD of Sales Order?

You may also do a re-ATP check on your existing Sales Order so as to check if dates are re-conciled or the problem still persists. Parallely you may also want to raise an OSS message so that SAP can look into this.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Debe and Prasun,

Let me add some more to what Abhinav has mentioned. We get a MAD date 8th at location A when we save sales order. If we do ATP again on the sales order line item, it gives 19th as MAD date at location A. This time it has considered Pur Req at Location A.

We were ok had it given MAD date 8th at Location B.

Giving a MAD date of 8th at location A during sales order save does not look like a convincing solution.Same is getting changed immediately after doing ATP again.

I searched for any SAP notes on this, did not find any.

Regards,

Umamahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umamahesh

I was expecting the same result. When you are doing Re-ATP check, it can already see the receipt element with receipt date and hence can adjust MAD acordingly. I would request you to test the scenario that I have mentioned in my earlier post - try to create a Sales Order with a RDD at least 11 days ahead of current date and see if you face the same issue. Then you can be sure whether this is happening only for forward scheduling or for all the cases during creation.

I am assuming that you are not using any enhancement and this looks like more like a standard bug. Again, I have no experience in this scenario and I am just "guessing" from my experience. Probably some other expert from this forum who is more knowledgable can share his/her feedback. I would still suggest raising an OSS message in parallel.

Thanks,

Prasun

PS : Just found that there is an OSS Note 1454391 for implementation recommendation for EhP1 for APO 7.0 gATP - it mentions that

"RBA with location determinations triggering the creation of a STR should not be mixed with standard location determination within one rule." - can you check if this is applicable for you?

Message was edited by: Prasun Mandal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasun,

I tested this for future dates of sales orders. Behaving the same.

I will write to SAP and will update the post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aryan

Ty using the consolidation location functionality available in Rules based ATP.

Rishi Menon