Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Connector version 3.0.6 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have working ASP.NET web application using NCo 3.0.3

Last week I saw that there was newer versions so I tried to put the latest one (3.0.6)

Unfortunately, the application now breaks and this is the trace:

>> Error entry 2012-03-08 11:52:16.823
error when calling RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH via destination NCo-f5402c7b-bb5d-4c0d-b642-81e972107340
[LANG=EN MAX_POOL_SIZE=10000 IDLE_TIMEOUT=30 NAME=NCo-f5402c7b-bb5d-4c0d-b642-81e972107340 CLIENT=903
ASHOST=crmsystem.mycompany.com SYSNR=00 MSHOST=crmsystem.mycompany.com SYSID=CA2 GROUP=SAP TRACE=1 MYSAPSSO2=*secret*] (possibly caused by temporary unavailability of system CA2)
SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcPassportException: Function not supported
   at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcPassport.set_ConnectionCounter(UInt32 value)
   at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive(RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream, RFCID rid)
   at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive(RfcConnection conn)
   at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcRepository.Execute(RfcFunction function)

By reverse engineering the SAPNCO.dll with .NET Reflector I found that the code for the connection object's OnClientCallStart(ByVal func As RfcFunction) was changed.

My research also shows that the problem has to do with changing the cor_enable_profiling environment variable. Setting it to true (0x1), makes it fail, setting it to false (0x0) and it works.

Has anybody also run into this?

I can provide more details about this if required.

Regards,

Federico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

As far as i know the function to search for the metadata is still the same, i.e. "RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH", so the call to that function shouldn't fail.

I see that you use the AHOST and MSHOST parameters, i don't think you need the two. Or you connect to a applications server with the parameter AHOST, or you connect to a message server with the parameter MSHOST.

I advice you to see the "Programming Guide" of the connector, it has all the parameters and their functions.

Regards,

Diogo Silva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diogo,

Thanks for your response.

I will test it with either AHOST or MSHOST but not both and let you know,

However, as you can see in the exception details above, the exception is thrown when setting a value in the ConnectionCounter property of the RfcPassport object.

Thanks,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

I see that the error comes from the Connection Counter, that could be from the configuration of the destination, it shouldn't be, but it could be. That's why I told you to try with only of those parameters.

In the programming guide for 3.0.6, you will see that you don't need the two parameters in fact most of the parameters present in your configuration are only needed depending the use of ASHOST or MSHOST. Like this:

If you use ASHOST, you need the following parameters:

1. SYSNR
  2. ASSERV (Optional)

If you use MSHOST, you need the following parameters:

1. SYSID
  2. GROUP
  3. MSSERV (Optional)

I didn't see in the configuration the value for the size of your pool, is it with default value?

Also if you maintain your own session logic, beware that could be different now in the 3.0.6 version.

Regards,

Diogo Silva.