Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance optimizer reads wrong SLD data

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm trying to create a download stack file (for Portal and XSS) using the Maintenance Optimizer in SolMan. The scenario is:

ECC 6.03 upgrade to ECC 6.05 completed succesfully (inclusing NetWeaver 7.00 to 7.02)

Now I need to upgrade the portal and XSS (seperate Java instance). In SMSY and the Solution Landscape the ECC and Portal/XSS are connected.

Thus I run MainOpz and select to update the portal solution and it identifies the relation with the ECC system, but somehow it returns an error stating that the ECC system is still on NW7.00 according to the SLD. But in the SLD the system is on 7.02 as it is in SMSY. I've ran the synch job between SolMan and SLD a few times but without succes.

Any ideas?

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may also check note 1608002.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel

thanks. I used the note to doublecheck the CIM etc. but the SLD contains the right info. I don't understand where the MOPZ get's the obsolete data.

Marcel

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maintenance Optimizer uses for this check function modules E2ELV_GET_MAIN_INSTS_TO_TSYS (when landscape verification wizard is present) or SMSY_MA_GET_MAIN_INSTS_TO_TSYS.

If you run the function module in test mode, you can see the entries as product version codes, with the source marked with a letter. S is for SLD. H is for manual. So if you have an entry for your system with code 01200615320900001250 , and source S, then the SLD is passing that information .

There is a chance that you have in fact not updated the Java part to Netweaver 7 EHP2. Have you looked at the Java system information page? If the Java part is a hub, it is within the bounds of possibility that it was not upgraded to EHP2 for Netweaver 7.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel

Did you check the Landscape Fetch logging through transaction SMSY to check if there isn't an issue with the content fetch of this particular SAP system?

Logs -> Update Logs -> Display

You can also update a single SAP system using an undocumented ABAP program. You can try that out as well.

I have a video about it on my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pU0hpV3yQU

Kind regards

Tom

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

this program must be on SolMan 7.1? It's not there on SolMan 7.01

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The video was captured in SolMan 7.01.

SAP support uses it to speed things up, the downside (if you can even call it that) is that you don't get any specific logging on what happens when the data is fetched.

In SolMan 7.1 there are also programs available to pull content / clean up etc and I believe those are even mentioned on help.sap.com.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello Marcel  Based on your discussion you are using Solution Manager 7.0, is that correct?  Is your Landscape Fetch properly set to SLD in SMSY_SETUP?  Did you check the Landscape Fetch job log? Is it running properly?  Is the managed SAP system set to SLD in SMSY? If it's set to RFC/TMS then the Landscape Fetch from SLD won't change the version. In that case you should temove the ECC SAP system from SMSY and get it inserted again into SMSY through your Landscape Fetch job.  Kind regards  Tom
MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tom (SCN user of the month right? Congrats 🙂

Yep the data is collected from the SLD via de LANDSCAPE_FETCH. Also run the job manually many many many times....without succes.

Thanks

Marcel