cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum for Feature Requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to suggest to create a space on SDN for feature requests.

We're a large crowd of professionals here, who in their everyday work stumble across challenges which turn out to be features not available yet.

E.g., XML schema provides a lot of capabilities to define quiet complex and powerful data types which would make the SOA paradigm a really powerful one - in theory. In practice, a lot of the XML schema capabilities are omitted from the practical implementation in the SOAP runtimes on the WASs. One example for those interested are enumerations. This leaves the practical efforts towards a SOA kind of crippled.

Now, what I would like to see, were a space here on SDN, where I can post a feature request, explaining why I believe that something should be added to the platform (including use cases, practical examples from elsewhere, etc).

Other SDN members should be able to discuss this issue AND finally VOTE on it - USEFUL/USELESS.

I wouldn't go so far to impose an obligation for SAP to implement requests which are considered to be very important by the community, but I think this kind of feedback could create a WIN-WIN situation for both SAP and us community members.

regards, anton

PS: I know that there are official SAP User Groups here and there, which have mechanisms in place for such requests. But, hey isn't this very community here actually the largest and most active SAP user group already? Give it the credit it deserves!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm at Process World at the moment where your example really is timely so I didn't wait for the "process" and forwarded your example to a product manager. Getting a mechanism in place for us to discuss, collaborate and nominate requests sounds like a terrific idea. I add my thanks and praise for the initiative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent suggestion and happens to be one already on the list to discuss! Another member of the team presented something along these lines just the other week. I've already sent this thread to him and I'm sure Michael will be taking a look.

Keep the great ideas flowing