Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

right on transaction without having it in the menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are working on ECC 6 and with the SAP Portal.

To be able to use the portal we had to create some R/3 role that we have assigned to the user.

but some transaction that cant be started in R/3 are necessary for the portal. Like BWSP and those transaction appear in the R/3 menu.

is there a way to hide them?

what's the best-practice?

kr

Sebastien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure if I understand your requirement but I assume that you want to pull authorization objects assigned to transaction into role without adding this transaction to role menu. If this is what you want then you can use button "Authorization Default". These items are not visible in SAP GUI menu.

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure if I understand your requirement but I assume that you want to pull authorization objects assigned to transaction into role without adding this transaction to role menu. If this is what you want then you can use button "Authorization Default". These items are not visible in SAP GUI menu.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

always wondered what that button was for.   glad i read this post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try adding S_Tcode Manually in the role, that way it will not be in the menu and test the portal role. Adding this manually will not pull SU24 object automatically and you have to add them manually in the role.

Regards,

Ajesh.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Adding S_TCODE manually is most definitely NOT the way to go - it will make your life unneccessarily hard later on.

Frank.

0 Kudos

i confirm this! if only the previous authorization manager had the needed competence i would not have so many problems...

i guess i'll have to recreate most of the roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

@martin : thanks, that was what i was looking for!

@Ajesh : we do have that kind of implementation at the moment but it's hard to manage when you start to edit role as all the object manually added in the role wont disapear as you remove the manually added transaction and thus creating security issue.

0 Kudos

I agree S_TCODE manually is a bad idea and should never be practiced unless very much necessary. If Martins solution is working for you its great !!

Portal roles, ESS/MSS roles hardly change after initial creation and many activities dont have a T-Codes related to them.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another alternate is to uncheck the user menu in the table USERS_SSM for that user. By doing this he will be not able to view the roles assigned to him in R/3 menu.

Regards,
Laxman