cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Date Change on Production Order Confirmation Reversal CO13

Former Member
0 Kudos

In t-code CO13, Cancel Production Order Confirmation, I should be able to change the Posting Date in the Personnel/ Additional Data view.  I have been able to do this in the past but now the Posting Date field is greyed out (uneditable).

Is this a configuration setting? Any ideas are appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, it is 'greyed' because the posting period is still open (is not locked).

it is a standard behaviour which is correct.

you would dicuss this stuff with your FICO guys

regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PPIO is right in SAP standard the posting date is only changeable if the posting periode is closed. This is documented standard behavoir.

What Alok descripe is not a cancelation, it's posting a confirmation with movementtype 262, this will not cancel an existing confirmation.

BR Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. PPIO, Alok, and Sabine, I appreciate your answers and insights.  I tried to mark this post "answered" on Mar 12, and got blocked by the site upgrade.

As a follow-up, we did identify that we have the prior posting period still open (authorized) for a limited set of users in Finance to aid in closing the books from December 2011.  The way it is set is to leave the 1st quarter 2012 open as well for the same set of end-users.

Many thanks for your prompt follow-up!!

Brad

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a work around. Please try it. In CO12 put your order number and the posting date you want.  Then click goods movement tab. Now for your consumption material instead of using order type 261 choose 262 and return to main screen and save it.

Try and revert back.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari