cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check JCo used in model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to know how can I check the JCo used by the model in nwds after it created.

I understand I can just run the WebDynpro program, hit the error and create all the JCo I find, but I want to make sure what I am doing.

BTW, I have no idea where the forum go with the new UI, I come here by my old post, any infomation about this will also welcome.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bill,

You can check the model used in the Webdynpro application in NWDS. Refer to the SAP blog: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3083 for more details.

If you want to create the JCO destination then you need to login in the SAP Portal with admin rights. Open content adminitration >> webdynpro >> maintain jco destination. Refer to the http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0c1d495-048e-2b10-babd-924a136f5...

Hope it will helps to resove your issue.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all the greate answers, was wonder why I can't find it as I also checked the property tab

Regards
Bill

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of NWDS you are using and how about adding a screenshot of your NWDS...:-)

Good Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for asking!

I am able to locate it now, just wonder why I cannot locate it before as I also tried to check the property tab.

After a few test, I think the reason is there are 2 set of tab pages, and I am checking the upper set.

And I don't know it is a bug or not, the content of the property tab at the bottom set will reset if I switch tab at the upper set.

Regards
Bill

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well that is a good news. New Learning for you! Took me a while when i started using the new version 🙂

Have fun!

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of NWDS are you using?

Just saw NWDS 7.2 SP05, click on the model and check properties from the Show View.

Property Name modelInstance_defaultLogicalSystem

It will tell you the model data.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
click the model, in the property view you will see the destination for data.
go to the dictionaries, there is a node with the same name of your model. click that, you will see the name of destination for meta data.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Yes you are correct. You can test the JCO connection created in NWDS by running the webdynpro application. Before that you can check that the JCO is created in the system administration. 

The would come in webdynpro for Java part

Regards

Noel Maria Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the reply, do you have any infomation on how I can check the JCo used by the model in nwds?

For now, I just create every JCo I found, but I cannot make sure the JCo I adjusted is the one I want.

Regards
Bill