cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt element for (product) (location) cannot be created within planning time fence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error log during PPDS Heuristics: 

"Receipt element for (product) (location) cannot be created within planning time fence"

Receipt element for 114897 4769 cannot be created within planning time fence

Message no. /SAPAPO/RRP314

Diagnosis

You have set a planning time fence for this product in the product master. Requirements that are within this planning time fence cannot be covered by new receipt elements. Since forward scheduling does not allow the creation of new receipt elements, the requirement will remain uncovered.

System response

The system cannot create a new receipt element

Procedure

Check the planning time fence and the strategy settings.

What should I do to resolve this error? If we don't want to change the planning time fence itself, how should we resolve this error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As per concept, no orders will be created by the system within planning time fence. Hence the behavior that you are getting is expected.

In case you wish to have orders created by the system during the mentioned time period, remove it from the entry (/sapapo/mat1-->PPDS tab-->Horizons-->PP/DS Plng Time Fence)

Regards

Manotosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I know very less in PPDS, but I guess I can still give you some guidance.

First of all, I don't think you must be getting the above message as an error. It should be for information that a certain requirement lies within planning time fence, and its not being possible to generate receipts for the same.

Within the PPDS time fence, no creation or deletion of receipts can happen for certain PPDS Heuristics (read F1 Help for the field). This is the standard behaviour.

If you want to plan for the above requirement either change the planning time fence, or otherwise change the settings for strategy.

Check out the strategy used in the PPDS run. Looks like it either doesn't allow forward scheduling, or otherwise the value that you specified for "Maximum Lateness of a Receipt" in the 'Pegging' tab under 'Demand' tab for the product master is not making it possible to schedule a receipt for the requirement after the planning time fence.

If your strategy allows forward scheduling, then try to maintain a sufficiently high value for the field "Maximum Lateness of a Receipt", so that system could plan receipt for your requirement (in the future, later than the requirement date). If strategy doesn't allow forward scheduling, then you either need to change the strategy or else it is as per the design that your requirement would not be fulfilled by the run.

May be some expert in PPDS would correct me if I gave some wrong info or missed anything above.

Thanks - Pawan