Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How CPPR works

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are in SRM 7 EHP 1 with backend ECC 6 EHP 5. We are planning to use plan driven procurement with XI/PI scenario. This is new for me as previously I'm using the old way (BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER). In this old method, we can flag whether PR is relevant to be pushed to SRM using table (in standard it is using combination of material group and PR), however there are this flag 'Manual' in table T_160EX where we can set that the transfer will only happen after tcode ME57 decide there is no source for the PR.

I wonder whether this kind of thing can happen in CPPR as well (XI/PI Scenario). Our scenario runs like this:

1. User create PR (could be manually or from module PS/PM), and then assign the contract in the PR

2. PR is released,

3. Automatically system will check whether there is a contract assigned to PR or not, if there is contract assigned, then PR is not transferred to SRM. If there is NO contract assigned, automatically system will send the PR to SRM

4. For PR have contract assigned to it, then PR will be automatically created as PO (in ECC)

5. For PR already pushed to SRM, then it will go to sourcing cockpit. Purchaser in sourcing cockpit then can decide to create RFx for these PR

So can we have this functionality where the system decide automatically which PR to be sent to SRM, which PR retained in ECC (which can be created to be PO by using ME59).

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer:

SAP Note 1263876 -SAP SRM: Configuration ofProcure-to-Pay Scenario

It will resolve your doubts.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John,

From SRM 70 there is a new way to transfer PR from ERP to SRM sourcing cockpit using eSOA services. This method uses BADi ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST.

This BADI holds two methods

IF_EX_ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST: here you parameters to

• Activate external sourcing in ERP
  • RFx can be created out of PR directly from ERP system using application CPPR
  • Activate Option to transfer PR to SRM Sourcing cockpit manually using CPPR

IF_EX_ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST~CHECK_EXTERNAL_SOURCE

This method you maintain the logic for when PR has to be automatically transfered to SRM sourcing cockpit. example :based on the logic we had in table V_T160EX

CPPR is an alternative for sending ERP PRs to SRM where user can manually transfer one or more PRs to sourcing cockpit. Another feature in CPPR is option to directly trigger the creation of RFx (in SRM system) from CPPR itself. There is no need to transfer this requirement to Sourcing cockpit.

Use CPPR if you are not using automatic transfer for PR to SRM.

Regards

Sam

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot for your reply. But I'm still a bit confused. So for this requirement of mine, where the system will automatically determine which PR go to SRM, and which PR will be created as PO directly in ECC, can I use CPPR for this? Because the users dont want to manually select which PR go to SRm which PR go to ECC as the parameters already clear. If the PR have contract, it will become PO in ECC, if it is not it will go to SRM.

Can we automate this using CPPR?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As i already mentioned dont use CPPR if you want automatic transfer of PR to SRM. CPPR is for manual processing only.

For your requirement implement BADIME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST

and write your logic to check if contract is assgined to PR in method IF_EX_ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST~CHECK_EXTERNAL_SOURCE.

Once this is in place whenever a PR is saved this logic checked and PR is transfered to SOCO or it is not. Please note that this doesn't automate the part when you want PO to be created automatically.

THis is only for PR transfer.

Regards

Sam