cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is it that you cant send IDocs with QoS EOIO to an R/3 System with release 4.6 or 4.5?

And what is the changes in 6.40 that allows you to send in EOIO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

read to find out why:)

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The quality of service EOIO (Exactly Once In Order) must be specified in the message header for this.

· The receiver or sender system must be based on SAP Web Application Server 6.40 or higher.

If this is not the case, the quality of service is automatically changed to EO for compatibility reasons and the message is processed accordingly.

Please see the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/content.htm

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if this blog helps...

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Are you saying that by using this weblog I can serialise my IDOCs even with R/3 Systems of 4.5 or 4.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

I will order your book but I need to give a explanation to the business so could you please give me a quick explanation.....

Also is the blog Jai gave me a work around to this problem? So could I serialise IDOCs with 4.5 and 4.6 systems using this blog

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK:

IDXQUEUE will only serialize your IDOCs inside XI (only on the integration engine)

but it will still call EO FM in ERP for IDOC processing

if you use "queue processing" option in IDOC receiver adapter with

WAS 6.40 the module that XI calls for IDOC processing inside R3

is able to handle them in EOIO mode

remember if there is an error in R3 with one IDOC all the rest need to be

stopped and I don't believe IDXQUEUE will do it

IDXQUEUE may help but it will not solve the problem

if anyone has other views on it I'd like to hear it too

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>