cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE config tool not opening up

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

We have just installed WAS ABAP+Java 6.4 and its working fine.

We are able to open J2EE server page also by using http:
<Host>:50000 also

but we stuck up while activating SLD the problem is we are not able to run configtool.bat from usr/sap/<instance><j2ee>configtool.

when we couble clicked on configtool.bat then in the cmd prompt it says "program terminated abnormally"

Can you please help us out in this

thanks in advance

waiting for your expert inputs.

rgrds......

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I hve set following java home settings. kindly see these settings if I am missing any thing kindly guide.

<b>User Variable</b>

<b>JAVA_HOME </b>

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin

<b>

SAPINST_JRE_HOME</b>

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\jre

<b>System Variable

Path</b>G:\oracle\PRD\102\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\jre

BEST REGARDS

Bilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

This probably has something to do with your java settings (classpath etc). Try to start the program from your command prompt. You should get a more detailed error message then.

Also check for something similar.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christophe,

thanks for your quick response

i tried to run this program from command prompt but it ishowing the same message

""Program terminated abnormally""

please tell me in a bit detail what all Java setting needs to be checked.

thanks &

regards.....

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the things that are suggested .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christophe,

i checked the setting

and i found that JAVA_HOME is correct and launcher.jar file is also present in configtool folder

i checked out java -version and its displayed the version no i.e. 1.4.2_11 also

<Drive>:/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance><no.>/j2ee/configtool in this lib is also present with everyone rights

and we also set the path for the launcher.jar file but still we are getting the same problem

Also, rt.jar is present in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib

so please suggest any solution and tell me if anything else needs to be checked and also tell me about Visual administrator where do i find that from whr i should run that

thanks &regards.......

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the visual admin at usr\sap\<ID>\JC00\j2ee\admin folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christophe,

the problem with the configtool is still as it is and also i visualadmin is not present in j2ee admin folder

please suggest what needs to be done

thanks& regrds....

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running out of ideas over here. It is possible to download the visual admin from the service marketplace but I do not know the exact location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi christophe,

Now configtool.bat is running the problem was with JAVA settings which we were not able to find out earlier, thanks for all your help

but now we are stuck up when we enter the http://<Instace>:50000/sld it asks for the user name and password we entered J2EE_ADMIN as user name and password which we set at the time of installation but after that it shows the error message "You are not authorized "

please help me in this also

thanks & regards...

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

The J2EE admin user probably does not have to right roles.

I suggest you go to user administration and create your own administrator user (should be possible with the J2EE_ADMIN user). It is best to work with your own administrator user so you can see who changed what etc. Add this new user to the superadmin group and the SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR group. This should be enought permissions to get into the SLD.

Regards,

Christophe

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your J2EE_ADMIN doesn't work.. you could also activate emergency user

Check the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gauray

I am also facing the same problem as you mention above. configtoo.bat gives error terminate abnormally. what settings for java you have done to solve the problem. its very urgent. you will be rewarded for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

In my case there was mistake in path settings of JAVA

so u can check that

thanks

Gaurav