cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i want to give different product as a free goods to customer how am i going to do ....

let say order for product MM0090 is 100 and while creating order of 100 quantity i want to give 10 quantity of MM10001 product so can u tell me how am i going to configure it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding from your Q'n.

you want to give the free goods of MM10001(Say M2-- 10 pcs) ,whenever u sell the product MM0090(Say M1-------100 pcs).

We have two materials M1 & M2.We want to offer 10pcs free fo M2 on every purchase of M1 -100pcs.

Do the relevant configuration in IMG Screen for Freegoods pricing using Condition Technique and add the R100 & NRAB condition types in Std Pricing Procedure section.

Now Create Free Good Condition Record-VBN1.

Enter Sales Organization/Dbt Channel & Customer

Press "Exclusive" push buttion(shift+F6) R goto-Exclusive .

Enter M1 as Material,

Min Qtty = 100 ( if min order qtty is 100)

For = 100 ( Indicates for how many pcs)

UoM= Unit of Measure (automatically derived from MMR, when u enter Material)

add FG= 10

addQttyUnit= UoM for Free good

AddMatFrGd= M2 ( Material which we want give as free)

Save the record.

This is only used to display in sales order whenever u enter M1-100 pcs.based on the determination of Free goods this condition record will be copied in Sales order.

<b>PRCING FOR FREE GOODS:</b>

R100 has the Requirement-55 & AltCBV=28

NRAB has Requirement- 59 & AltCBV= 29

for Exclusive material like our eg:

As per the Requirement , you are trying to give the different material as free good which meets the requirement "55"- then the system search for the Item Category in Sales order which has the Condition Type R100= 100% Discount i.e. TANN which has the pricing relevane- B(Pricing for free goods 100% Discount).

Now the system calculates the price for this material (M2) and offers the 100% discount.

There will be 2 more options in free goods in Inclusive:

with Same material, Condition: 10 pcs free for every 100 pcs of X material.

<b>option-1: Without Item Generation</b>

Ordered goods--x 100 pcs

Free goods--10 pcs

Price will calculate for 90 pcs and 10 pcs of X Material is Free.

Delievarable quantity = 100 pcs Only

<b>option-2: With Item Generation(one more line item will appear with the same material as a free good)</b>

Ordered goods--x 100 pcs

Free goods--10 pcs

Price will calculate for 100 pcs and 10 pcs of X Material is Free.

Delievarable quantity = 110 pcs.

This pricing will be done maitaining the Condition Type: NRAB which has the Conditon category- f( Free goods Inclusive)(Req: 59 & AltCBV=29) in Std Pricing Proceudre.

Hope this helps u.

Welcome for anyother queries in this.

*No Award Points needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Your case is a bit different from what is being done in general free goods case.In general free goods you can only provide the same items as free goods with condition type NA00.

You can use the sales BOM functionality.

You can create 2 materials in material master and then goto transction CS01 where you can put the material in header and second material will automatically come in the sales order.

Other configurations you need to check is your item category.For this goto transaction VOV7 and in Bill of material settings select your application as "SD01"

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Manan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Free goods can be defined in 2 ways

1. inclusive - where the main material and teh bonus material is same

2. exclusive - where the mainmaterial and teh bonus quantityis different.

SO Go to VBN1 and then select NA00 and then USe the access sequence either Customer / matrial or any other thing you want (define in IMG) and then on the left hand top corner you have exclusive displayed press that means system will display Inclusive which means that what data you are giving is for exclusive free goods.

Create condition record and save and go on to create sales order. you will get what you want

REWARD POINTS IF IT HELPS>

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while creating the condition record for the free goods ths in tcode <b>vbn1</b>, by default it goes to Inclusive, so check on this box as Exclusive so ur at liberty to mention opposite to the material in the same line under the tab <b>additional material</b> u can specify the material other the original material for which the free goods are offered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go VBN1 transaction. Under NA00 discount type maintain free goods should be given with your material.

The first material field is your main material. And other procedures are like that:

If the customers buy minimum 100 pieces A material (this is min qty) i will give 10 pieces for this material. To do so you should enter 100 pieces to the min qty field for "A". Then enter 100 pieces to the "from" field. And "are free goo" field should be "10" for that. So that when you create a sales order for "A" about 100 pieces system will give 10 pieces A material with TANN item category... It will has 100% discount in pricing procedure..

And the second scenario is yours. It's name is exclusive free goods. Steps are like that:

Go VBN1 again and click the EXCLUSIVE button at the top.

Material is "A". Min qty "100". For "100" "pieces". Add free good is "10". AddMatFrGd is "B" material. Thats all.. So when you create customer order for 100 pieces of A the system will give 10 pieces "B" material for free

Award points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

And the second way of determining free goods is Bill of material.. If you wonder about that i can describe it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done by the condition types using R100 and NRAB . and also using inclusive and exclusive while creating condition records.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.