cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Scheduling lines and Delivery schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Experts

can u say me the clear difference between Scheduling lines and Delivery schedule.

where we will maintain deliver schedule. whether delivery schedule is automatically created along scheduling agreements..

with regards

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this

<u>http://help.sap.com/bp_biv335/BI_EN/html/BW/SchedulingAgreementsAnal.htm</u>

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delivery Schedule : The delivery schedule contains information on delivery quantities and dates. A new delivery schedule replaces, in part or completely, the previous delivery schedule with regard to date and quantity.In the more general context of outline agreements, delivery schedules may be referred to as scheduling agreement releases.It is a document sent by Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) or fax to the component supplier to release a quantity of the material or materials outlined in the scheduling agreement.

Schedule lines : Are used by the system to determine if the item is relevent for delivery.Only those items that have schedule lines assigned will have a delivery created for them.The deliveries are created for the dates and quantities assigned to the respective schedule lines.

reward me if i am clear.

regards

kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran ,

But i cant really correlate how delivery scheduling and schedulling agreement is related. Will deliver schedule is created / proposed as schedule lines when we create sales order ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Schedule Lines: Has basically information realted to delivery scheduling in Sales Order level.

Delivery Scheduling: Is a process using which system will determine what are the different activities which need to be performed and time taken for each activitiy only after which the material can be delivered to the customer.

Delievry scheduling will be started only from the material availability date i.e., system will first determine the material avail date and then do scheduling. By default Standard SAP system does Backward Scheduling in case material availability falls beyond the required delivery date system will do forward schedluing

Delivery Scheduling consists of the following Basic activities:

We give deatils while creating order:

Order Creation Date

Required Delivery Date

Order date - Material availability date - Transportation Planning Date - Loading date - Goods Issue Date - Required Delivery Date

Time Between GI Date and required Delivery Date is called Transit Time

Time Between LoadingDate and GI Date is called Loading time

Time Between Material Availability Date and Loading Date consists of 2 components - Pick / PackTime and Transportation Planning Time

System has to calculate all this before it determines the confirmed delivery date.

Give your mail Id I have some Presentation I will send you across.

REWARD POINTS IF IT HELPS

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srini

U r answer was really usefull. Send me the ppt to my email, my mail Id is sap.james@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Schedulelines</b> the syatem allow delivered quantity and the delivery date.

<b>Delivery schedule</b> -physically stock available from stroage location

rewards point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Schedulelines gives the information regarding delivered quantity and the delivery date.

Mohan