cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JDBC Commn channel problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The communication channel monitoring for my sender JDBC adapter shows the following log

2/6/07 11:13:58 PM Processing started

2/6/07 11:13:38 PM Processing started

2/6/07 11:13:18 PM Processing started

2/6/07 11:12:58 PM Processing started

2/6/07 11:12:38 PM Processing started

It goes on and on. No messages are picked up from the db. What might be the problem? I have restarted the communication channel. Tried changing polling intervals...

P.S: This Commn Channnel was working fine previously. Now even though there are records that matches the where condition of the query, it is not getting picked up. If the query is executed directly it fetches the records as expected.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

What is the polling interval you have set?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Actually I need the polling interval as 1 second. But now for testing purpose, I have made it as 10 secs. Still no change...

How the polling interval can be the cause of problem?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Did you note the log message you hacve given?

The poll interval is actually 20 seconds even though you have made it 10 seconds?

Wondered why?

From help.sap,

<i>Retry Interval (secs)

Number of seconds that the adapter is to wait before a SQL statement processed with errors is processed again.

If no value is specified, the value from Poll Interval (secs) is taken instead</i>

Looks like there is some problem in your SQL Select or Update Statement. I know you have mentioned that you have execute the same query earlier, but I would still suggest chcking once again.

Log on to the DB client with the same user id and password as in your JDBC adapter and then test the Select query and the update statement. Check in the JDBC adapter is some extra spaces etc has been created by default , etc.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Just to cross check. Have u given any update statement or given <test> in Update, if u have nothing to update.

If u have done this correctly try refreshing CPA Cache. Also check in Directory Cache Notifications, to check whether the chnages u did in directory recently, got updated in Cache.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for the valuable tip. Will try this and get back soon. I tried changing the polling interval to 60 secs. Now the poll interval I can see in the log is 120 secs...

@ Sudharshan,

I have tried CPA cache refresh. No sucess

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I tried what you have suggested. I can run the query successfully and also the update query is updating the record as expected.

>>Check in the JDBC adapter is some extra spaces etc has been created by default , etc.

What do mean by this? Extra space in the query or ..?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

What I meant was that in your JDBC adapter , if you have copied and pasted something, it is possible that some extra spaces are added at some places which might cause the issue.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I have rechecked the parameters and even deleted the communication channel and recreated one with the same name. Still the problem prevails...

Any other suggestions on this..

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

If you are not on a prod environment, just try restart of the J2EE engine and check if things work fine.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

We are facing exactly the same issue with sender JDBC comm Channel. I have tried restarting Comm Channel, changing polling interval and restarting JDBC adapter from Visual Admin but didn't get any success.

<b>Note:</b> This channel used to work fine but from past few days we have been noticing this issue.

Please let me know if you have found out the solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Hemal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemal,

I was not able to trace the root cause for this problem yet. But I got an ugly patch work, that solved this problem.

I copied the JDBC sender commn channel to a new name and changed the sender agreement accordingly. This solved my problem. Try this and let me know if it helps.

P.S: Do you have a large load on this channel?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Thanks for your prompt response. It resolved my problem as well. I also recreated comm channel and it's been working fine since then.

This channel processes about 100-200 messages per day. So it's very minimum load on this channel. This has been working fine in production for more than one year now and we have never seen this type of issue before. The strange thing is we have similar JDBC comm channel which pulls data from the same database but different table and it was working fine without any issue. Anyways it's been solved for now.

Thanks again,

Hemal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can some one help me finding the root cause of this issue. Though, what I did ahs solved the problem as of noe, I would like to trace the root cause of this issue.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

One option would be to check the J2EE logs and check if there is some info on why you are facing this issue.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add me one!

Suppose SAP can give us a perfact explaination, the root cause!

Thanks + Regards

Golden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Golden,

Am really glad, this worked for you too

I faced the problem with my previous customer. Thought I had made some config errors the. But the same patch works for many. So it should be a bug in adapter. If possible try to raise a OSS note to SAP.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange. The work around did work. But why the original adapter stopped working? I hve even done the full CPA Cache refresh.. No luck..

Does any one have a solution for this??

SVK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SVK,

This kind of issue arises when there is lock for that particular comm. channel in "locking adapter" either due to network issue or some database issue.

Check whether anything is locked in "Locking adapter" in VA? If there is then just release the lock and restart the comm channel.

Note: In "locking adapter" the name will be something like $XIDBAD.JDBC2XI.

Hope this will help,

- Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pinkle. That in deed solved the problem. Sorry could not assign you any points.. since i am not the owner of this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad that solved the problem.

Don’t worry about points.

- Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pinkle,

Could not test this soln now. No access to VA

It is only too good to hear a soln after a very long time.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

jai shankar.....

if u r using a SEND step for sending the message to the databse, use acknowledgement, and then u may analyze something with that

Message was edited by:

sudeep dhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

which database your using? if it is orcale please use commit statement after you made the changes.

Please reward points

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy