cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Approval error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've come accross a scenario which I can't understand and need some help.

1. User creates SC and there is one level of approval.

2. User add 1 approver manually as 2nd level of approver.

3. 1st level approver approves the SC

4. 2nd level approver (manually added approver) rejects the SC

5. SC comes back to user. But in the approval preview the 2nd level approver is no longer there. It has been deleted by system.

Why system is deleting the manually added approver? Is it the standard system design? Can any one of you replicate this scenario in your SRM system?

Thanks

Debashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which type of Workflow is being used in your SRM system ?

Is it Item-level workflow or Shopping Cart Level workflow ?

Actually, this dependes on the type of workflow implemented in the system.

In our case, we take Shopping cart price as whole to determine the possible Approvers and not based on each item's material group to determine the Workflow.

Which BADI for workflow is implemented in your system ? Kindly check using SE18 transaction for its custom implmentation in the system.

Is it N-level Approver Workflow BADI - <b>BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI</b> ?

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

We are using N-step Value limit approval Workflow (WS14000109). How to know if this is standard SAP functionality?

Debashish

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

This is standard functionality of WS14000109 workflow which you have mentioned above.

1.In this workflow Changes to the SC and continuation of the workflow is possible.

If an approver makes changes to the SC to be approved, the approval workflow is continued - the list of approvers is generated again.

2.Dynamic updating of the list of all approvers after each approval step.

This allows flexible reaction to changes in the total value of the SC.

For example, approvers can be added if, during the approval process itself, the total value of the SC increases beyond the approval limit of the current final approver.

3.Step-by-step approval in ascending order of the approval limits of the managers of the organizational unit.

All determined approvers receive, one after the other, a work item with a request to ither approve or reject it.

The total value of the SC determines the number of steps in the approval process.

You can look at option of other standard workflow.

Shopping cart (SC)

WS10000060 – Without approval,

WS10000129 – One-step approval,

WS10000031 – Two-step approval

Approval workflows for shopping carts

The relevant approval workflow is started, depending on the total value of the shopping cart and the role of the requester.

The Shopping cart approval process can to mentored using the BADI also but try first with standard workflow available.

You can also look at option of implementing WS14000109

Shopping Cart Approval n-step over Value Limit

Advantages of WS14000109:

· Step-by-step approval in ascending order of the approval limits of the managers of the organizational unit.

All determined approvers receive, one after the other, a work item with a request to either approve or reject it.

The total value of the SC determines the number of steps in the approval process.

· Dynamic updating of the list of all approvers after each approval step.

This allows flexible reaction to changes in the total value of the SC.

For example, approvers can be added if, during the approval process itself, the total value of the SC increases beyond the approval limit of the current final approver.

· Changes to the SC and continuation of the workflow is possible.

If an approver makes changes to the SC to be approved, the approval workflow is continued - the list of approvers is generated again.

I hope this will make you clear about SC workflow.

regards,nishant

please reward if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant And Atul,

Your insight was very helpful. I am using Work Flow WS14000133 to implement the n Step Approval of the Shopping cart using the BADI BBP_WF_APPROV_BADI. I need to progressively find the "approval Limit" of the Manger depending on the total dollar value of the SC. I am using the method

CL_PERS_ADMIN=>GET_DATA to get the 'BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT' of the Manger, but I am getting "No Data Found" error.

Please let me know, if you have some sample code to get the Manager's approval limit or the name of the FM that is to be used.

Reward points will be awarded.

Thanks & regards.

Puneet