cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Studio:Exception:The message server did not respond within 60 sec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I am getting this error in Developer Studio ( J2EE Engine Preference) , Can anyone please tell me what is the issue.

Exception: The message server did not respond within 60 sec.Please check if the message server is running and if the socket connection has been established

Thanks,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me what is the instance number of the j2ee server that you are using and the message server port number from Window->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine?

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

The instance number is 00 and the message server port is 3601. I guess there is some issue with server. I don't know how to figure it out

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try opening the system monitor through http://hostname:50000/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

The message server port is showing 3900 . I wonder do i need to use 3901 in NWDS setting ?

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

The server is running on 50100 port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message server is running on port 3901??? As far as I know the message server port is always 36<instancenumber>+1.

If the server is running on 50100 port, then the instance number should be 01.

You can check these things.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the system information page is showing 3900, you should use 3900 in your studio settings.

39xx is the new default for 2004s. It was 36xx with 2004. And xx is the instance number.

Regards,

Christophe

Message was edited by:

Christophe Benoit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried with 3902 , still not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to open a telnet session (telnet <host> <port>) to the message server on the port that is displayed in the system information (from your previous posts the port should be 3900).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I tried to using telnet , but I am not able to connect as it says connection failed.When I try 3601 message port in debug mode of NWDS, I Iget a message

<i><b>Successfully reconnected to message server asynchronously</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SDM is running on 50118

Answers (0)