Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Menu Web Favorites Disappear

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a user that calls the helpdesk almost weekly because part of her favorites keep disappearing. She has created a folder in her favorties that contains web addresses. This is the only folder that disappears. I don't believe that she is accidentally deleting it, she is very comfortable and knowledgeable in our SAP environment. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this may be happening?

Thanks and Best Regards

LouAnn

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

LouAnn

Do you have a CUA? Or do you have weekly job that updates the users or profiles from another system e.g. DEV or QA?

Do any other users have web addresses on their favourites? Have you tried saving some on yours to test this.

Regards

H

0 Kudos

Hi H,

We don't have CUA or a weekly job. Profiles are only updated from DEV or QA when I make profile changes. Yes, there are others that have web addresses in their favorites, but they aren't having any problems. Thanks for your response.

Regards

LouAnn

0 Kudos

LouAnn

Check the entries in table SMEN_BUFFC for that user today and compare with after the problem reoccurs.

regards

H

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

i have the similar encounter with a user. When I checked the table, the Extended Name are empty for some entries. Are these emptied Extended Name the cause of the missing Favourites? If yes, how do we rectified this problem?

Thanks!

Regards,

Annie

0 Kudos

Annie

I am not 100% sure if it could be the cause. A quick check of my favourites shows that the ext. name being blank coincides with the entry being a folder.

I would do some specific testing while monitoring the SMEN_BUFFC table if I was you.

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Kevin

0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin. Yes, those empty Extended Name entries are folders. I am wondering if any batch job reorg this table. The entries in the table actually matches the ones on my user's screen yet he claimed he had lost 50 txns under some folders. No clue....

0 Kudos

Annie

You could switch on logging for this table but at the risk of performance and other issues.

Regards

Kevin