cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assigned the ATP categories to supply categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody:

I am trying to creat a supply categorization profile in Multilevel Supply and Demand Matching, I chose CATEGORIZATION USING ATP CATEGORIES in the categorization procedure. When I tried to save it, I am getting a warning with the following diagnosis:

You have selected the categorization procedure Categorization via ATP Categories , but not assigned ATP categories to supply categories.

How do I assign ATP categories to supply categories?

Your input is indeed appreciated.

Thank you

Mono

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mono ,

While creating the Supply Categorization Profile there are basic three Pages for Maintaining this Profile i.e.<i>General Settings ,Supply Limits,ATP Categories</i>

Under General Setings Page you define Profile name ,Description and Categorization Profile (Categorization using ATP Categories or Supply Categories )

As you have selected Categorization using ATP Categories ,you need to assign ATP categories in <i>third page</i> i.e <b>ATP Categories</b>

Pls reward points if this solves the purpose..

Regds // Digs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Digs:

I assigned the ATP categories on the third page but as I save its asking me assign supply categories to ATP categories, could you please let me know how do I create supply categories so that I can assign them.

Thanks

Mono

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mono,

Supply Categorization means grouping all receipts(Production/Purchase) and stocks that are available for CTM planning before each planning run.With this CTM search strategy,determine the sequence in which the individual supply categories for the fulfilment of demands are to be consumed .

You can create Supply Categories in Tranaction /n/sapapo/supcat

Menu Path is Multilevel Supply & Demand Matching -->Environment -->Current Settings -->Supply Categories

Also see help on <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/58/c98a39316ada46e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Assigning ATP Categories for Supply Categorization</a>

Regds // DIgs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Digs:

Are there any standard supply categories provided by SAP or could you give me few examples. And how do I relate those categories to the master data, I mean which type of master data after integration into APO, Is that transaction data?

Thank you for your time.

Mono

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said earlier ,supply categories may be Stock/Production receipts,purchase receipts etc you can define your own strategy .see following document for more info.in Supply Categorization <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/ce/e81a3df3003e4b9ecb38eb9bbaf7ba/frameset.htm">Search Strategy</a>

I don't understand by the term master data here but Supply category are the transaction data ,

Hope this clears ..

Regds // Digs...