cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country-Specific PO SmartForms

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a standard PO SmartFrom for US, MX and CAN. Due to legalities in CAN, they want their "Terms and Conditions" as part of the PO print-out (SmartForm). If we create a CAN specific Form, how does the system know to use this for for PO's with CAN vendors? Are there any such settings? Or what is the recommended solution to such a requirement. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to help )

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this..

you can create a condition table add ito the existing access sequence of the existing output type..

OR

You can create a new access sequence and create a new output type assign the access sequence to the new output type..

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup. I think this will work, Naren, thank-you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes..You can create a condition table which has the company code..IF the company code is different for canada and us..

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

So , if i create a new condition table, will I also need a new access sequence?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

Create a new output type which has the country or purchasing org ...

Then assign that output type to the output determination procedure..

WHen you create the condition records for the output type..

In the communication you can specify the smart form name..

Assign the country specific smart form name for each condition record..

Hope this works..

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Great idea. However, upon looking into it, we have an issue. In our company, CAN and US have the same Purch Org!! So I have no way or differentiating the Canadian specific outputs from the US outputs?? Any other ideas??... Thanks again....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an idea about creating a new condition table that has the company code as field in the message record. This will allow us to identify the CAN company code in the new message type. Has anyone tried this?