cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Permissions issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have deployed a third party Java application on my local J2EE installation. This application writes/saves/deletes several files within its home directory (this is specified during the initial setup of this application). The error.log file of the application reports that the application had encountered errors while writing and saving a file.

How can I verify that my J2EE engine has complete permissions (read/write/save/delete) for a directory on the file system. Also, after verification, if I find out that some permissions are missing, how are these permissions assigned to the folder in question.

Thanks

MOY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi MOY,

What do you mean with "home directory"? How exactly is this specified?

What kind of J2EE components are trying to write the files? Please note that for example EJBs are not allowed to access the file system.

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladimir,

Thanks for the reply. The the third party application uses a home directory where it stores, startup settings, logs, license information etc. This home directory exists on the file system of the box running the J2EE server. I am not sure which components of the J2EE engine are trying to write the file.

Does this make things clearer?

Thanks

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

OK, the question was which component(s) of your application is trying to write the file? The J2EE Engine itself wouldn't do that (according to your description it even doesn't know about this "home directory"). Also, the exception from the log file might be helpful here.

-Vladimir

Answers (0)