cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS scheduling: not more than three orders of the same product

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

could you please help with the next problem: business requires that PPDS scheduling via PPDS optimizier should never place more than three orders of the same product at once, i.e. A-A-A-B-B-C-C-B-A-A-C-C-C-B-A-, but never A-A-A-A-B-B-B-B-C-C-C-C. In setup matrix, I tried to introduce some setup costs for combinations A-A, B-B and C-C, it works, but not really perfect, sometimes, optimizer still places more than 3 orders of the same product at once, because of other constraints: pegging, priority of demand etc

May be do you have some better idea on how to make it work?

thank you

Alla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sujeet_Acharya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hello Alla,

You are right. It is difficult to restrict the number of orders of the same product by using set up matrix as the optimizer would always try to minimize the setup time.

There is a component called MMP/SEQ (Model Mix Planning and Sequencing) where you can create a block restriction to restrict the maximum number of orders of same characteristic. Since this component mostly used by automotive customers , it primarily uses IPPE data. If you are using IPPE as your master data, you can easily do this via SEQ and block restriction.

As far my knowledge goes, In standard PP/DS it would be difficult to realize the scenario suggested by you.

regards

Sujeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you!